Last night Melda saved my Life!

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, about the presets, I actually made no demands at all! In fact, I asked for ideas. Of course, some guidelines needed to be followed, otherwise the presets wouldn't be technically usable. But at the end the biggest problem was that most people simply got silent. I mean, from the beginning it was obvious it's going to be a deep tool. Most people didn't even read the guidelines... sad really. That's why I need to work with professionals. I know/have met people, who are capable of getting things done, and I'm going to focus on them.

Anyway MXXX is actually a very simple tool! The routing is as simple as possible, and you already know the effects and modulators, that's it, there's nothing more really! So if you know other plugins, this one is going to be really easy to understand. But of course, it's not a thing with a few knobs, that's what are the active presets for.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I haven't heard anything about MXXX... :(

Is it only for premium members?

Hasn't been released yet ;) the biggest thing in the world :D, which means probably not the best thing for you though.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Hasn't been released yet ;) the biggest thing in the world :D, which means probably not the best thing for you though.
What do you mean? Should I use a bigger avatar? :x

About the preset contest for the existing plugins: of course only the winners should get some prize, thats the whole idea about it. If you say: I give you a goodie and you program a preset for me in turn please -> that would not work out very well I guess.
So why not organize a contest for preset programming (on existing plugins) and install a user voting system. That way, the community iself will filter out the best presets and ensure good quality. You give a prize to the top 5 or 10 preset programmers, and thats is. That is also an incentive for the users to really program good presets.

I like Vojtech's attitude. Always in the mood for a punch in silly customer's faces. :D

Guess the only person in the industry that comes close to this behaviour is GOL from IL. ;)

But, as I said: me likes. Better than marketing speech.

@topic: Well, professionals are always easier to work with. The downside is that they - usually - ask for money. But as they deliver in time the product hits the market quite soonish and gains turns over/profit/cash. No? :D

Talking about presets, I agree all the presets I found are very experimental, not bread and butter at all. For example all presets I found in MMultiBandLimiter weren't really useful (to me!). I created presets to be used on a Drumbus and for bass and wouldn't like to live without. Of course they always need to be adjusted depending on the material. But now I use my presets as a starting point and adjust to taste.

BTW: Pianoteq have a user corner on their website. People upload presets there, most of them include short audio demos. There is a voting system so you can immediately see which presets might really be worth trying. And you don't even win something there, people just share their work because they are nice.

Something like this on the Melda website would be awesome. One could do a little contest with some little prizes for the winners just to get that thing started, and then keep it as a permanent exchange of presets.

Ha! What a debate :D.

Ok, for CableChannel - it's not that simple really, one needs a whole infrastructure for uploading and voting for the presets. As you know, there were preset submiting a long time ago, it didn't work at all. Basically none of the presets were useful, it seems like people were just testing a feature, and these were really experimental! :D

Then there is preset exchange! But from the whole beginning I knew I'll have to filter the presets manually. And sadly 99% of it gets removed. Since it takes lots of time to do this rather painful job, it's now disabled by default.

About pianoteq - that's really a very bad comparison. Pianoteq is an instrument, which means it's really easy to make a reasonable demo. With effects, no chance. As I explained before.

For Dalor - actually here we get back to the activepresets again. For example I basically use only the "ultra maximizer" active presets - add MMultiBandLimiter, choose one of them, increase drive, done. And when you need some more control, just get to the edit screen and do your magic ;). Isn't that more simple than browsing through many presets, which are more or less random anyway and doesn't do much about what the preset says.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”