Melda App for smartphone and tablett

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Vojtech,

I know you are future thinking man, so what about a meldaproduction app for yor plugins for smartphones and tabs. A feature no other company provides. So maybe, you are the first?!

Thanks and greetings

Marek

Not really thinking about it Marek. These devices are toys, that's just how it is. The market for it may be big, but a few of my friends doing it also say it's not really worth all the trouble, it's kind of full already. After all, our plugins are way too deep for it, we focus on powerful things, not simple toys for fun ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Am I the only guy who is able to sit in a train, in a bus, on a ship, on a bank or on a beach without smartphones and not-so-smart-phones etc. ?

When I'm making (electronic) music, I use my computer or maybe a laptop or notebook, I wouldn't even use an i-phone except if nothing else is possible and I'm stuck in the jungle.

Nowadays it isn't even possible to look a girl in their eyes because all they do is playing & texting with their mobiles, smartphones and i-phones...

Rant over... :x

I cannot agree more... I personally have a smartphone, it's good to get rid of time by playing chess for example :), sometimes... But for music... no way... It's a toy for hyperactive people or those, who are afraid of looking at other people ;) :D. Anyway I saw a few bands with smartphones... and it was riddiculous...

And iPads... seriously??? iPad is just an extremely expensive slow notebook without keyboards... Get yourselves a notebook and then make music! ;) Or continue playing with your toy :D :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

It's up to you. You can make it a toy or a joy. Good, intelligent development is missing.

Still, these devices are toys, even if it's a "joy" working with them. You cannot make serious music with it (except for compiling a few precreated tracks, which personally I don't consider a serious music).
Vojtech

Now I understand, we are talking about totally different things. I mean a remtoe app for your plugins using in the daw. Two hands on the nice girl and remote via app. Something like Steinbergs ai knob, but better.
Or even better a hardware solution, like softube console 1, so we don't talk about a toy anymore.
One question, what you don't like about toys?
Last edited by Svama on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't really understand, can you point me up to some product page, video or something?
Vojtech

No, that's the point. There is nothing similar until now. Be the first with an overwheling remote app for your plugins.
One product that is nice but not perfect is touch daw, but what I mean is an app which suited perfectly to your plugs.
An easy product to handle your plugs via smartphone/tablett. I already hear you say: TOY. Yes, but it could be clever and a lifetime saver if it's good and easy to use.
Look at the number of views at this topic and you can see people are intrested in this stuff.

Let us talk about toys. I my opinion making music all inside an ipad or an other device like this is the future. I don't need to take a big, heavy laptop with me. It's all inside this light, nice device. No external hardrive, mouse, keyboard, monitor etc. Until today they don't have the power of a laptop or pc, but the day will come. You can make, record, mix music everywhere inside a tiny tablett. Maybe five years and we will talk about it again. I think this will become true before mxxx will be born :wink: . That was a toy, not to handle and overcomplex. Sorry Vojtech, love your products, but they're not the most user friendly, but the quality is great.
Have to say that and end.

Thanks and greets

Marek

Its a difficult suject. Phone, tablets etc can be used for note taking but you will always need a PC or Mac for the final track. They wont replace anything as the screen size and lack of VST/AU plug ins are the limitation. IOS dosnt support any form of plugin. Android has latency. This leaves MS surface pro which has full WIndows 8.

Exactly! Svama, sorry to say, but all the iPad things and stuff are just a big bubble designed for the end customer, teenagers and just anyone easy enough to brainwash with such riddiculous thing. Why? Because the tablets exist there for a long time! But what makes iPhone, iPad and Android different is that it is specially designed to be a toy!

Put it a different way. First forget about small iPhone and Android devices, these are obviously just toys, after all these should be phones, not music devices.
But what is a difference between iPad and a laptop? iPad is slow, iOS is useless for music production and you have games on it :D. Laptops are much faster, their OS is designed for work (but you still have games :D ). That's all!
Both iPad and laptops are small!
Both of them can have a touch screen!
And there are quite a few PC notebooks that can actually be converted to a tablet!

So the only ultimate differences are:
1) Speed - notebooks are faster.
2) OS - OS in notebooks are designed for work.

That's it! Why would anyone create the software that works on normal OS onto Android or iOS? Just to get some more money, because there's a big bubble now... that's all...

(btw. what does it have to do with MXXX?? can you imagine a thing so deep on iPad? I don't think so... toy is simple, MXXX is versatile, so I absolutely don't get your comparison)
Vojtech

Hi Vojtech!
I think what was suggested is to make a control app specifically for your plugins. Think Lemur, but with a custom GUI for your plugins, running on a tablet. Me I'm not sure either, whether that would actually make sense, as you'd have to constantly switch apps if you want to control multiple plugins at the same time. But maybe a creative mind could use this approach to create something unique and useful...

As for the rest of the converstaion: You sound exactly like people slagging off virtual instruments/effects or any other novelty (PCs vs. Unix machines, synths vs. "real instruments", etc.) in the past. I think it would be better to embrace the new possibilities - Android and iOS are definitely here to stay in one form or the other and will become more and more usable for musical applications.
You have no right to remain silent!
www.soundcloud/phunkberater

Thanks to Josmoker, you understand and nailed it. Call it a controll app. It could be very easy, like I said it. Steinbergs ai knob can handle every vst3 parameter you put the mouse above, but not very exactly cause of 127 steps in midi. But it should be better today and more complex but not over complex. But i am not a developer, only an a person who gives ideas.

Well folks, sorry, but that's extremely unlikely to happen. First, it would be lots of development and you may have noticed there are many many many many more interesting things to do. Also I don't see a point in this at all. It looks like a very specific solution to something that may be generalized as a remote desktop for example. Not mentioning that remote control for a plugin itself doesn't seem even useful to me...
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”