Melda Reverbs V. Valhalla Shimmer. (Creating V Shimmer effect)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys!~
Any one try making Valhalla Shimmer style reverb effects, in Melda's reverbs?

I've playing with Shimmer and I love the sound. I'm sure I may be missing the way to mimic it, in Melda's.

Thanks!

Hi Scott, well I don't get the question :D. Reverbs are probably the most "specific" effects, so simulating one reverb with another seems just wrong :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Shimmer uses pitch-shifted feedback, you'll want a pitch-shifter and a delay plus diffusion in a feedback loop.

MeldaProduction wrote:Hi Scott, well I don't get the question :D. Reverbs are probably the most "specific" effects, so simulating one reverb with another seems just wrong :D.
Hay, mate! Hmm, wrong ? Well, I'm not right in the head, you know :hihi:
I see, again what you are saying(You, the Senai... and I, the student) I also had a look at the PDF of MMultiband reverb and I believe, I can make the "Shimmering" reverb style. Thanks man! :)

robertszalapski wrote:Shimmer uses pitch-shifted feedback, you'll want a pitch-shifter and a delay plus diffusion in a feedback loop.
Thanks, I believe, I've found the answers! :)

Please share if you achieve it. I tried (which isn't saying much) to make one in the MXXX beta, but couldn't get it. I was going to name my preset "Valholler." Don't know if that name has already been taken or not.

Roy

rtkeeling wrote:Please share if you achieve it. I tried (which isn't saying much) to make one in the MXXX beta, but couldn't get it. I was going to name my preset "Valholler." Don't know if that name has already been taken or not.

Roy
Hi, Roy.
A great name for it :O) For those of us in KY :hihi:

It also, had an ethereal ring to it. A far as I know, its not taken. I'm going to try more, with Melda reverbs.

Aaah, i thought it's just another reverb. Well, pitch-shifting in feedback, then you'll need MXXX anyway, and it depends on th reverb anyway. In most cases cloning one reverb with another is just impossible.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Aaah, i thought it's just another reverb. Well, pitch-shifting in feedback, then you'll need MXXX anyway, and it depends on th reverb anyway. In most cases cloning one reverb with another is just impossible.
Cool! I should have posted this :dog: :oops:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallashimmer

There are some sound demos, as well.

Sounds like, MXXX, should be the answer. Oh yeah, whats up in the world of MXXX, if you don't mind saying, that is. Any release info? Should be a great addition to the Melda line. :tu:

I called my MXXX preset meldallashimmer, you can try many things in the feedback loop... but it still does not really sound like valhalla shimmer.

Right click save as.

http://thebin.free.fr/KVR/Melda/02%20Me ... tivePreset

And i can't wait for MXXX v8 so i can update my presets. :D

Well MXXX 8 will be available, but still only for the chosen ones ;). Final release will take quite some more time, still no time for it really.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”