Latest (8.03) Installers & Windows XP?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I just tried to install the latest versions of MMultiband Convolution & MRhythmizer on Windows XP 32 bit and clicking on the installer icons did nothing. I tried multiple times and got the same result. I'm sure they were completely downloaded and just to check that my mouse wasn't having a problem I tried double clicking another installer from another company and it worked.

Also, was there a known bug in the 8.0 beta in which the plug-in would think there weren't enough GPU resources or is the new graphics engine just very, very GPU intensive?

Today I tried to load the 8.0 beta version of MMultiband Convolution and got an error saying "get a better graphics card" (I have an nVidia GTX 560 1GB, certainly not a weak card at all). I think this is the only time I got this error---the plug-in usually loads and works in the beta version.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Hi,

well, you know since XP are now obsolete even by Microsoft, so the support will be minimal. Anyway I just checked on Win XP 32 and the installer seems to be working just fine. Don't you have some antivirus (or virus :o ) causing a problem?

8.00 beta had many bugs with GPU handling. There are no known issues with 8.03 anymore, it should work even with very old ATI cards (which are extremely buggy...).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

If i have a virus its only function is blocking the launching of Melda Production installers, starting with 8.03, which would seem pretty unlikely.

I guess i won't buy another of your products until I change my OS. Thanks, though.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

It might be a good idea if you make it perfectly clear on your website that there will be "minimal" support (i.e. really no support) for XP users rather than allow them to buy products and them leave them in the lurch if and when they don't work. Plenty of people still use XP, whether or not Microsoft has declared it defunct.

The problem is, I tried myself and it seems working... You can start 8.02?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I had no problem installing the 8.03 updates here on XP.

I get the "get a modern card" message if I'm running low on RAM and/or GDI resources. Usually all it takes is closing a few other windows to get around it.

Return to “MeldaProduction”