MMultiBandRhythmizer v MRhythmizer

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Huge difference in CPU usage, 25% with Multi band against 3-4% with single version. Multi just using single band. :?: so same parameters I think. Any ideas.

IMHO this is one plug that doesn't benefit as much as others from the Multiband version as opposed to the Multiband delay which is amazing, not a critique but an observation.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

That sounds like some kind of problem. Did you check that in multiple hosts?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

On further testing a clue ?

in Live 9 latest rev

Live 9 idle default state 6% CPU
MMultiBandRhythmizer default preset 15%
MRhythmizer default preset 8%

in Studio One latest rev
idle state 2%
MMultiBandRhythmizer default preset 10%
MRhythmizer default preset 4%

however when plug in window is open (only in Studio One) you can multiply cpu usage by x3. Obviously much more noticeable with the
MMultiBandRhythmizer. Still a huge gap between the two when in the default one band state.
Mac Studio

Hmmm, I checked and you are right! No idea what is causing this yet, I'll get into it asap.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Found it! It shall be fixed (improved) in next version ;).
Vojtech

Crikey you are quick !!!!!! :o

How much of an improvement ?
Mac Studio

A lot :D. I measured 9% MMRhythmizer vs. about 2-3% MRhythmizer, and now it seems it can be as low as 3% MMRhythmizer. On Mac only though, it was fine on Windows already.
Vojtech

Update has been released! ;)
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Update has been released! ;)
Great stuff tx :D
Mac Studio

My pleasure ;)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”