How To Fix Addictive Drums Output Filter

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. The output filter for Addictive Drums is incorrect and I don't know how to fix it. The ride cymbal plays as open hats. Very frustrating! I have not been able to figure out how these output filters work. Any thoughts? Thanks

Hi,

it's simple - go to Menu / MIDI output filter, select ride cymbal 1 and change the Modifier 1 to whatever you need ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok but several of these are wrong. Ride Bell 2 actually plays the closed hi hat. Hi Hat actually plays pedal hat. Ride Cymbal 1 makes no sound. Ride Cymbal 2 is actually ride bell. Can you check these and perhaps release a corrected output filter? Thanks. I'll keep trying, but these modifiers and such are terribly confusing. What if I need more than 4 modifiers?

Besides that, everything tries to revert to modifier 1. If I set it then enable modifier 2 it always switches back to modifier 1. I obviously don't have a handle on this.

I'll check, but it was done with AD1, who knows...

Anyway you are probably doing it "backwards". The 4 modifiers are for EACH drum. So when you select ride bell, you have 4 modifiers for it, just in case you want to control multiple drums with it. For example, some drum machines have different articulations for a single drum and use multiple MIDI keys for that (how can one actually play it, that's a mystery to me :D ). So you can just select say Ride cymbal 1 and then use the 4 modifiers to actually play different MIDI keys depending on the velocity.

Procedure for you:
1) Select drum type you think is wrong.
2) Change MIDI key in modifier 1.
3) Go back to step 1 for other drums...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok I think that makes a bit clearer. Is there a list or document that shows me what keys the MD sounds are assigned to? or do i have to click all the keys in the modifier windows until I hear the sound I'm looking for? Thanks

I think you still got it wrong. For the record, please read the documentation, at least the beginning.

MDrummer does NOT have keys, for the exact same reason - mapping. In MDrummer there are only drum types. So you have "Ride cymbal 1" and the key does not matter, you map Ride cymbal to a key, so the real question is - "what key is it mapped in AD"?? And of course, that's a question for a different developer.
Vojtech

Just thinking out loud... AD has (for instance) 12 different HH hits (not counting brush hits)...For MD to generate rhythms that use all these hits you would have to create and save components in MD with names that relate to those in AD (with sounds gleaned from MD's library or your own sample library, or indeed AD's library)), then manually write loops in Rhythm Editor using all these drum components...save the loops in MD's loop directories...then generate Rhythms pointing MD to specific loop folders in Rhythm Generator/Advanced settings. Sounds complicated but over time you could build up your own stash of appropriate loops....and have your own comprehensive mapping saved in output filters.
Does this make sense?
Last edited by goldglob on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Set GM map on AD it 'll solve the problem ;)

Simon Posford wrote:Set GM map on AD it 'll solve the problem ;)
Now, that was a clear, concise, 9-word stroke of genius! LOL, that indeed did solve the problem! Man, I feel like a doofus. But a relieved and happy doofus! Thanks a million for that!

5 word would be enough ^^.
Btw i use AD drums too but you can achieve pretty good result with the stock kits of MDrummer too, but need tweaking not from scratch)

I do have one stock kit that I've tweaked that sounds pretty good. But for some reason, I can't get past the machine gun effect of the toms. Try a metal break once and listen to the toms. Drives me nuts and I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong, or if that's just the way it is.

Btw. could you send me the drumset? I'd like to check and potentially advise some solution for the machine gun effect.
Vojtech

goldglob wrote:Just thinking out loud... AD has (for instance) 12 different HH hits (not counting brush hits)...For MD to generate rhythms that use all these hits you would have to create and save components in MD with names that relate to those in AD (with sounds gleaned from MD's library or your own sample library, or indeed AD's library)), then manually write loops in Rhythm Editor using all these drum components...save the loops in MD's loop directories...then generate Rhythms pointing MD to specific loop folders in Rhythm Generator/Advanced settings. Sounds complicated but over time you could build up your own stash of appropriate loops....and have your own comprehensive mapping saved in output filters.
Does this make sense?
Although..hang on..MD maps drum types to keys, not components, and there are only 3 HH drum types in MD, so I can only map to 3 of the 12 HH hits in AD...is that right?

MeldaProduction wrote:Btw. could you send me the drumset? I'd like to check and potentially advise some solution for the machine gun effect.
Actually, it happens on any of the stock kits, not just the one I tweaked. Most noticeable with breaks from the metal category. Kick drums and toms. Are the stock kits layered? Or when Tom 1 is played consecutively, is it the same exact sample?

Return to “MeldaProduction”