Missing mautovolume feature

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it just me, bit iss theke bi easy to manipulate the time of the ducking, what I mean, how fast or slow the ducking ends. I use it for ducking delays on vocals, but it takes always to long until the delays are back on volume.

It's there a way to handle this problem?

Greets

Marek

Hi Marek,

there's the Speed parameter (and look-ahead) and that's about it. You know, this "ducking" has been added just because somebody asked for it, if it doesn't meet the requirements, all I can say is "it has never been designed for ducking". I'd suggest to use a gate/expander instead then.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Sadly, loved the workflow, quick and easy, maybe you can think about a time parameter for the ducking stage.

Thanks and greets

Marek

But then you get a gate! You want to control how quickly it "ducks" and "unducks" (cool words :D ), right? So you have a gate... that's exactly the same parameters and workflow.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Will try it and thanks

Marek

Sorry, but I don't get it work with a gate. This way, I hear the delay all the time the vocals are up and when they are not present, the delay is also not there, but I want it the other way. At the moment the vocals are still, the delay should come up.

Help, please

Greets

Marek

Did turning the speed and look-ahead all the way up on MAutoVolume not work?

Anyway, you have the gate control inverted, and you don't want to fully gate it, you want some dry signal as well, so the gate only attenuates X dB eg 3 dB.

Frankly, I typically use a low ratio low threshold sidechain compressor, or even a delay with ducking built in like PSP Echo.

Damn me, it's a compressor not gate!! :D

Anyway if a compressor won't work, please record a short screen video and send it to info@meldaproduction.com, so I can see exactly what you are doing with MAutoVolume, what's the output and what is the problem.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”