Pro Tools has error -9129 when MAuto Align and MEqualizer gui's are open

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello:
Firsty, I like to say how great your plugins are. I own a wide variety of brands and there's a certain originality that Melda plugs have. I've only been using them for 2 weeks, but they are quickly becoming my "goto" for certain applications. Good job!

The problem: I'm currently demoing MAuto Align (really great, btw). I have a Mac Pro Nehalem 8-core, with 24 gig of ram, 7200 rpm audio drives, Pro Tools HD Native 10.3.9, Mac OS 10.8.5. When I use MAuto, my Pro Tools session stops and I get an "error -9129." It happens only when I have the gui open. It also happens when I have the gui open of MEqualizer and Sonalksis 719-Gate. This doesn't happen with any other plugins, and I have plugins from about 12 different manufacturers. I've talked about it on the DUC to no avail. I tried contacting Sonalksis, but they haven't any answers or suggestions. During these sessions, my cpu usage is usually below 20%, and my track counts are fairly low. In fact, my workaround, which doesn't always work, is to make all the other tracks that I'm not working on with these plugins inactive while I make adjustments. And this doesn't always work!

I've tried searching this forum for clues and I've seen mention of the Mac's relatively poor performance when it comes to graphics--hope I'm not misinterpreting this info. Sometimes, if I close and reopen the session, I'll be able to just barely get my work done, but this is really to work with. I really like the Sonalksis gate and of course, MAuto Align. I'd like to get to know the MEqualizer better too. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank-you.
M2 Mac Studio, Pro Tools Ultimate, Avid S1, Dock, UA interface, and a lot of patience...

Some credits: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/john-siket-mn0000237464

Disable the GUI acceleration.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Hi tekis,

please send me the info to info@meldaproduction.com and also a screenshot of that message. I'll forward it to Avid. It's most probably yet another bug PT... And yes, Apple often puts riddiculously crappy GPUs into their systems, but personally I wouldn't say that's the problem. From the description the error code is from PT. But as weedsdenis suggested, you can try disabling the GPU (click Settings/Enable GPU acceleration and restart PT).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi: Thanks for the responses. I got it figured out. There was some preference/optimization issue that I had overlooked. Now both the Melda and Sonalksis plugins are working fine!

On another note, I was using the Melda MAutoPitch tonight, and I had tweaked a preset almost to my liking. In general, the plugin didn't sound like it did the other night, and I was a bit disappointed until I realized that I really wanted it running in stereo. I thought, "What about the tweaking? I'll lose it." Not true! When I changed the instance from mono to mono in stereo out the parameters remained the same. I don't see this with other manufacturers, I don't think. Anyway, I wanted to commend you on that. Those type of seemingly small features, along with resizing, eight A/B slots, layout customization, etc. are really thoughtful. Thanks for going AAX too. I wanted to check out MAuto Align some time ago and there was no real practical way until now. It's very easy to use compared to the other ones on the market. Are there any plans to port it into Audio Suite, so the tracks can be (easily) rendered? Thanks again, great work!
M2 Mac Studio, Pro Tools Ultimate, Avid S1, Dock, UA interface, and a lot of patience...

Thank you! :love:

Btw. there are also the copy/paste buttons next to the A-H presets, where you can copy the whole settings, well, anywhere ;)

About AudioSuite - quite frankly, I thought it already does that, doesn't it? Anyway if not, if PT & AAX is really that silly, that it cannot use plugins for offline rendering, than all I can say is "shame on them"...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

When I find out about the other plugin issue, I'll mention this as well. Thanks!

What other issue?? :o
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:What other issue?? :o
The fact that it doesn't show up in Audio Suite for offline rendering.

It doesn't? Damn... I'll ask Avid about that...
Vojtech

Hmmm, I just checked in PT 11 and everything seems just fine, AudioSuite works (after all, why shouldn't it...). But maybe there's another bug in PT 10...
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Hmmm, I just checked in PT 11 and everything seems just fine, AudioSuite works (after all, why shouldn't it...). But maybe there's another bug in PT 10...

Yeah, I'm on PT 10.

Hmm, I'll check, but again most likely it will be a PT problem..........
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”