PLease streamline the installation - Edit: Ask AVID! :)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded the total package bundle for testing and....

Now I'm going to have to go in manually and move all the plugins versions I will not be using.

Which I just noticed that I really can't do manually.... Damnit.

Well, as I said many times, you have to ask Avid, that's the silly workflow of ProTools, not the plugins. I already ask them several times, so they probably need some further push to implement such a riddiculously simple feature.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yeah, I would like this implemented as well. What is the correct way to "ask AVID"? Couldn't Melda just make the surround versions a different installer/package? Thanks.
M2 Mac Studio, Pro Tools Ultimate, Avid S1, Dock, UA interface, and a lot of patience...

Some credits: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/john-siket-mn0000237464

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Sometimes I feel like the world around ProTools is stuck in 1980ths... One of the many unique features of the plugins is that they do NOT need multiple versions, yet they support surround. Every binary is huge and providing separate versions just because ProTools' workflow is horrible is just wrong...

Ask them - well, they have some supercomplicated forms online, phone support, forums... so it depends what you like. Anyway this feature is so basic, that it's a huge shame that PT doesn't have it still in 2014... Logic is always behind many other hosts for example, yet it has this for many years...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Sometimes I feel like the world around ProTools is stuck in 1980ths... One of the many unique features of the plugins is that they do NOT need multiple versions, yet they support surround. Every binary is huge and providing separate versions just because ProTools' workflow is horrible is just wrong...

Ask them - well, they have some supercomplicated forms online, phone support, forums... so it depends what you like. Anyway this feature is so basic, that it's a huge shame that PT doesn't have it still in 2014... Logic is always behind many other hosts for example, yet it has this for many years...
But.. Pro-Tools is the INDUSTRY STANDARD (hold for laughter) And Logic is THE BEST (wait for people to get up off the floor) That's why you need to pay them to ask questions. What's *I'd* like is for Melda to only load those plugins I'm going to need for my next project, without having to tell it what I'm going to need. Then, the plugins I don't need can automatically uninstall prior to verification and then reinstall during the 34 minutes a night I'm not using my system. If it can't do that, well, I don't know... :wink:

Yeah, the "hold for laughter" was needed :D :D. Here's the thing - the industry standard should be something, that's on the top technology-wise. And in that case it is far from that. And this riddiculous menu thing proves it. And industry standard should definitely not be something that you should pay to ask questions!!! :o :o Where on earth did you see that? Sadly, you are obviously an Apple user, and sadly there it is like that. That's one of the many reasons I'm telling everyone, who's choosing between Apple and PC to think twice.

Anyway do you see what you did? You exchanged a simple modification of ProTools (which btw. would take me personally about 10 minutes) and changed it into an AI system, that would forsee what you are going to need ! :D Now that's what I call "pseudo-optimal solution" :D.

PS. Logic is definitely not the best. It's not the worst either. And unlike 95% hosts on Mac OS X, it actually follows the OS design. Well, it's from Apple, so it is appropriate, but still ;). My main problem with Logic is the horrible workflow that would get you a carpal tunnel syndrome :D.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Okay, thanks for the response. I've got a friend in NYC that's been working for AVID for 15 years, so I'll talk to him. Again, what specifically should I ask about? For example: Should I say there's a fellow at a plugin company that needs help implementing a change to his already working AAX plugins? Please be articulate and I'll really follow thru on this. Let's get this done!!
M2 Mac Studio, Pro Tools Ultimate, Avid S1, Dock, UA interface, and a lot of patience...

Ok. That's not related to the plugins at all!!! I really don't understand, why do you even relate this to the plugins, it's all about ProTools workflow.

Ok, so the only thing they need to do is to put the different plugin channel configurations to submenues. So if a plugin provides 2in2out, 2in3out, 2in4out... it wouldn't create one item for each configuration, but create a submenu for such plugin containing these configurations. Right now, PT is simply not surround-ready.
Vojtech

Okay, I'll see what I can do. It may take some time, but I'll do my best.

Sure, it probably will, but it's worth trying! After all, it's a kind of criticism, that they should welcome as it can help PT get closer to the competition.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Ok. That's not related to the plugins at all!!! I really don't understand, why do you even relate this to the plugins, it's all about ProTools workflow.
Yes, btw, I wasn't criticizing your/the plugin(s) in any way. I like these plugins a lot. I just wanted to know how to word my question(s) when I approach these guys. If I do it in a concise and articulate manner, the more likely they are to take our request seriously. I'm not a programmer, so I oftentimes don't know how to talk about these things. And yes, ultimately it's about making Pro Tools work better. Thanks again.

My pleasure and of course, no offense taken! I actually may need to appologize for potential overreacting. It's just that these things in PT are almost always a problem on PT's side, yet many people are considering it a plugin fault, god knows why... And let's face it, Avid isn't exactly "easy" company...
Vojtech

I work almost exclusively in Pro Tools 11 HD, and I own a bunch of Melda plug-ins (upgraded Free bundle, MAutoDynamicEQ, MRhythmizer, MVocoder). So when I expose the Melda category, my screen fills up as well.

Which is irritating, because I use the Melda stuff a lot. But there's a way around it! Hold Command (Mac) or Control (Windows) while selecting a plug-in from the inserts menu. It is now added to the top of the list, on the same level as Category/Manufacturer. This way, you can set up your favorites to recall easily.

By the way, this "all channel combinations displayed" thing may be a Pro Tools issue, but it's silly to think a lone developer could jump in and fix it in ten minutes. Avid is a big company with lots of products, the workflow doesn't allow that... And who knows what else the fix might break?
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

Thanks for the tip! ;)

Now about "silly" :), it's a menu... not exactly a rocket science. Of course, I'd do it in 10 minutes, it would take 2 hours for an amateour, but Avid... well, months?... Neverheless, there's nothing to do on our side, Avid has to do it, that's just how it is... I'm quite surprised anyway, I mean we have one of the biggest set of plugins, but we are not the only ones, and hopefully not the only ones supporting surround... Well, let's hope it's going to happen in a foreseeable future...
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”