What does MAudioEqualizer with MDynamicEq give over MAutoDynamicEq with MEqualizerLinearPhase?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This question is similar to http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=380399

I was wondering what the better combination was; MAudioEqualizer with MDynamicEq or MAutoDynamicEq with MEqualizerLinearPhase? It seems to me that MEqualizerLinearPhase is really he last step in the effects chain and MAutoDynamicEq would not only give Auto Equalization abilities, but also provides expansion and compression features dynamically. Obviously there is a 20 EUR cost difference.

Will the MEqualizerLinearPhase work similarly to the MAutoEqualizerLinearPhase? Or are there advantages in MAutoEqualizerLinearPhase not present in the MEqualizerLinearPhase in combination with the MAutoDynamicEq?

Thanks,
Ian
Uses Live 9 and lots of VSTs

Hi Ian,

ok, so if you do NOT need linear-phase processing, just go for MAutoDynamicEq. I'd go for this one anyway, because the automatic equalization is very useful for mixing. Linear-phase processing is relevant mostly for mastering and despite the autoeq may be useful, it's probably easier to get without it.

Other thing - the dynamic equalizers feature new more powerful filters. So I'd also choose MAutoDynamicEq + whatever linear phase eq you want if you need one.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”