Phase Rotation feature by Meldaproductions?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I'm thinking about getting the MAutoalign; would like to know if there are any of your plugs which allow easy experimentation with phase rotation? Would be cool if both areas were in one plugin....

thanks,
j

Hi j,

it depends what do you mean by phase rotation. Note that world is full of crappy plugins offering "features" like this, which at the end is nothing else than an allpass filter (which we have in dynamic equalizers for example) and require you to do the hard job manually. MAutoAlign does that automatically, but it does NOT rotate phase (in technical terms, I fear your understanding of phase rotation may be influenced by the misconceptions in audio community...). At the end changing phase is rarely desired! It's useful mostly for creative purposes, and you usually do that in synths...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

ha! you hit this one right on the head. The term phase rotation is totally new to me. Someone online was going on about time offset vs phase shift delays relative to frequency. So i can do things like the Little Labs IBP does, with the MDynamic EQ i own?

cheers,
j

Sure, just check the allpass filters in MDynamicEq. Personally I was always way too lazy to use it, and I even personally think it is not a reasonable solution to anything except for minimum-phase equalizer induced phase shifts, but well, everyone has his own workflow ;). And everyone is not that lazy :D :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”