MVintage Rotary

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Damn this thing can get the ELP and Deep Purple tones I have been dying to get. I have 13 days left on the demo and I already know I love the sound, but the MIDI Controllers are the juice for me.

Just need to know if this is possible before I buy it.

Can I assign an expression pedal using whatever controller I want to modulate the distortion parameter.

Also want to assign a footswitch to the Rotary Speed instead of a mod wheel.

I can't seem to figure out how to use MIDI Learn as I have used Scope DSP for years and hardware, so I always right clicked on a target and then moved my controller to assign what I wanted.

Tell me yes and you have another happy camper.

The sound is impressive but I am sure you'll agree modulating parameters in real time makes all the difference with a rotary cabinet.

And yes I read the manual but I am behind the curve on MIDI Learn and other Native based approaches.

Thank you! :love:

Yes, everything can be done:

1) You need to route MIDI to the plugin, that depends on your host. In most cases you just need a dedicated MIDI track and set its output to the plugin. In Logic for example it's more complicated... See docs about that.

2) If you don't want to follow sustain & mod wheel, which is default, click Advanced settings and disabled them.

3) To control anything with anything, go to Settings / MIDI, in the main Controllers tab enable one controller for each thing you want to do, select the parameter you want to control (the big button next to the list) and select / learn the controller.

That's it ;). Let me know if you have any more problems. Damn, this thing could use a video tutorial...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks I have the entire day to get it working from within Bidule. I should buy this just for the Knifedge sound I get.

For starters, I never even got the sustain or modulation wheel to work , but now have disabled them and re assigned channels and controllers to no avail.
I have all weekend to get this ready so I am at your mercy.
Using Bidule to assign and learn controllers for VB3 was a piece of cake.
For some reason MVR just isn't seeing the MIDI data...?
This must be something simple as the design is so well conceived and the
excessive parameters tells me this is a work of art.

photo sharing sites

Thank you!
Ok, so I can see on the screenshot there is controller configured (98 if I'm reading correctly) so I'm assuming it is receiving MIDI. So you just need to select the parameter you want to modulate in the "Gain" field - click on it and select Slow/fast. Then enable the "check" in the list on the left - none of the controllers is checked (enabled), so it doesn't do anything.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

OK, I didn't understand the gain field boxes to the left, let me try these out and see if I can get this marvelous device to become my servant.....
Ruling and modulating parameters in the MVR will surely surely be heavenly, and then I can proceed to do a real time demo for you w/o the sequencer and drum tracks, just a guy making his PC sound like hardware, since that's what I do for a living.

Ankyu

Cool ;). Let me know ;).
Vojtech

OK, I am clicking on the gain checkboxes and trying to change gain in the left pane to anything, but it still remains as Gain. I am using VST not VST 3 and I do now have
Mod wheel working so I know we are getting MIDI.
Also playing notes I see that velocity changes gain, I just need to add parameter 70 to control drive/distortion amount via expression pedal.
This also means that these parameters will allow extensive control once I get my head on straight.

Thanks for your patience.

Well, this particular place is indeed slightly confusing - you need to click the button (!!!) on the right of the list. There's gain again. I'll add double-click the list to to-do list, it should do the same thing.
Vojtech

Fuckin' A Yeah.
I'm going to town, running for Governor now. Give an hour or sop and I'll break out the Jager too.

Thanks for helping my lame ass, thank God I have chops.

My pleasure ;)
Vojtech

Just bought it.
Think I found me a new developer with ears and mad skills.
Although I have multitudes of DSP plug ins from Scope for the basics, I still prefer rack mounted vintage hardware effects.
But I think I shall give your other Rotary emulation a demo after this one.
FWIW I DSP MIDI Devices to add lag time, env. curves, etc. so I simply set the target of the expression pedal to full back (24% of your distortion slider) and the destination which is 100%.
Stomping down on my exp. pedal means the execution is completed w/o me having to guide the pedal manually, same with my drawbar swells.
For close to 12 years I have been w/o a B3 and Leslie as the crew and hardware disappeared, so I have been suffering with compromised solutions.

As the Medicine Man in Dances With Wolves, told the Squaw............You will mourn no more.
(Her warrior husband was killed, so she mourned for a few years until Kevin Kostner came along)

Thank you! ;)
Vojtech

It's not a B3 and a 147 however it's damn close, and for classic rock tributes using the Creamware B2003 and the VB3, this Dog will hunt.
It beats the pants off if the Leslies on the 2 mentioned Organs, actually MVR makes the Organs sound even better.
Don't care much for Native or DSP Reverbs so I use hardware, and never liked the Leslie built in verb, but sending this audio of B2003/VB3 to the MVR and then splashed with a DEP-r or PCM 70 is just gorgeous on old Rock Spooky Ballads from Deep Purple and Bloodrock.

Will try the other one now and see whats up with it.

Mr. Melda.
Just realized I was suppose to buy the more expensive rotary cabinet as it has the wood, etc. and extras I was told about.
Can I upgrade to the pricier one since I am a buffoon or would I need to purchase both separately..?

Thanks.

Return to “MeldaProduction”