MPowerSynth improvements & feature requests

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MPowerSynth

MeldaProduction wrote:Aaaha, well, that will probably be impossible too I'm afraid. It would also be quite ineffective. The thing is, MPowerSynth has about 2000 parameters (theoretically infinite when using FX), so using all of that in an multiparameter would be, well, interesting... :D You'd probably need quite a machine :D.
There you have a point. OK but it was a nice idea :D

New question / feature request:

I can't sync an envelope to host tempo currently. That would be a cool thing.
This could be done by either adding the sync option to the envelope, or add an "one shot" option to the LFO which means the LFO form is only played once.

I don't follow, what do you mean by "sync envelope to host tempo"??
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:I don't follow, what do you mean by "sync envelope to host tempo"??
So that you don't specify the times in milliseconds but in percent, and then select the sync period. So I could design an attack that always takes 1/16 note.

Aaaaah, well, for now I'm saying no to this, sorry. There are technical complications...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

There is even a hack doing this more or less. I can choose an LFO, sync it to say 4 bars, then use the step sequencer with 32 steps and choose a shape only for the first bar, leave all other zero. Then I have an 1/8th note envelope that will only "retrigger" if a note is held longer than 4 bars. If I use the custom shape, I am even more flexible. I can sync the LFO to 128 bars and then zoom into the first few percent of the custom shape where I draw my envelope. I have to do the math myself here of course to calculate how many percent of 128 bars will be needed for a 1/16th note, but thats simple.

Crazy flexibility.

:tu:

Holy crap :o :D
Vojtech

A quick couple of questions - just doing some fact checking. Is it true that multiparameters are the sole way of doing MIDI learn? I cannot find anything else in the documentation to this effect. Also, same question with respect to host automation. I'm not asking for more functionality nor am I suggesting this system is too limiting. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something.

Thanks.

Hi!

Synced enveloppes would be really nice indeed, if some day it happen I´ll be very happy about it!
I guess it is about the same problem, but that would be really nice to be able to sync to tempo the tremolo effect.
And last thing about the envelopes, it is actually a lot but, could we hope for enveloppes with looping possibilities some day? That would expend the possibilities a lot I think. (I am thinking of the ones in Massive right now, for instance)

I am loving this synth more and more, thank you Vojtech!

dmbaer: No! Click "MIDI" button in right bottom corner. You can attach MIDI to anyting. But yes, the Learn in the means of showing the window and setting the target parameter is available for multiparameters only. There would be possibility to do something like multiparameters/modulators' learn for MIDI as well, but most people don't seem to be so interested in this and there are technical complications.

tanabarbier: Thank you! Tempo sync for tremolo is already there! Get 8.09 ;). Looping...hmmm... not sure really :). We'll see.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Click "MIDI" button in right bottom corner. You can attach MIDI to anyting.
Cool. Thanks.

MeldaProduction wrote:Not really now. You can do that using 2 oscillators though and just manipulate the dry/wet of the other one. Wavetables could be possible, but so far I was saying no to this. I thought of a solution, but not sure yet...
I was thinking of doing it through the additive engine. Basically the partials would morph between the different steps/wavetables. You can already change all the partials directly, but it would be nice to do it based on .wav files.

Anyway, it is just something I thought would be nice. I don't think it needs to be done now, as I'm sure your plate is pretty full with all your other plug ins. However in the future it would be a nice thing to add and it would give a super powerful synth even more flexibility.

Hmmm, not sure about that, but I'll check ;).
Vojtech

When I use the glide feature with track frequency, the first note after selecting a patch always comes down from a pretty high "default" frequency. I guess this is kind of difficult for the plugin, but can it detect the first note played (after selecting a new preset) and initialize the frequency on that note? Then the first note would be without glide, but thats a more predictable behaviour than coming down from somewhere :-)

Oh, and how about LFOs going up a little further? Up to 250Hz or something like that?

CableChannel wrote:When I use the glide feature with track frequency, the first note after selecting a patch always comes down from a pretty high "default" frequency. I guess this is kind of difficult for the plugin, but can it detect the first note played (after selecting a new preset) and initialize the frequency on that note? Then the first note would be without glide, but thats a more predictable behaviour than coming down from somewhere :-)
Hmmm, interesting :D, I'll check ;).

About LFO speed - sorry, not possible, backward compatibility... 100Hz is already above "LFO" anyway !! :)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”