Mpowersynth modulation question

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im quite enjoying this synthesizer much like I enjoy everything melda makes. I decided I'm going to make a stack of presets for it since it will get me a free copy of something I wouldn't ordinarily buy. I am having trouble getting the multiparameters to behave how I want them to though and that's messing me up since the presets submitted have to have the first four multis assigned.

What I want is to have one parameter that is effected by two multiparameters but because the parameter ranges that are modulated seem to be defined as absolute values of the parameters in question then I'm getting parameters that jump around as my controller is changed rather than a range that moves smoothly up and down according to a second controller.

I don't know if that makes sense so I'll give an example:

I am modulating the frequency of osc 1 by osc 2 I have the pitch of osc two being modulated by velocity via multiparameters 2 between 0 semitones offset and 1 octave offset. I want to move that range upwards via multiparameters 1 so that as I move the mod wheel up the filter opens and the range moves from 0-12 all the way up to 48-60. When I try and set this up the pitch jumps down to a value between 0 and 12 every time I hit a new note. I know there are various ways to set up the multiparameters but I haven't been able to sort out which mode I need to be in here in order to make this work. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm excited to be making presets. I haven't just sat and programmed presets that weren't for a specific song in ages.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Hm I think that should work out fine. Can you post screenshots of the multiparams 1 & 2 setup?

As a workaround you could do the following:

- Velocity influences "Semitones"
- Modwheel influences "Octaves"

elassi wrote:As a workaround you could do the following:

- Velocity influences "Semitones"
- Modwheel influences "Octaves"
I have been using this workaround since there are many redundant controls on the synth. I was hoping that there was a more straightforward way.

@cablechannel
I'll take a screenshot when I get back in front of my computer.

Aaaaah, well, you can either do that, OR you can control multiparameter range instead of the target parameter. The problem is, it would get updated AFTER you move the multiparameter, so eventually you'll probably have to use the method ellasi proposed... Thing is, such advanced modulation system with over 2000 parameters needs to optimized, so that the traditional way you know from synths, where probably multiple sources can modulate the same parameters and the sources are "added" (probably, I never saw it, but I assume it could work like that) is impossible here.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Okay thanks. I guessed that it wouldn't work the way I wanted since I had tried every different "mode" for the multiparameters. I can make it work.

JJ

Return to “MeldaProduction”