MDrummer 5.02 update

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Haha I'm sure you're an awesome drummer! If it was a foot splash I'd say OK cool, but it's not. It's an actual stick hit and nobody is that awesome!

:D Hmm, then surprisingly I'm not able to do that :D. But are you saying there are hihat hits in the generated breaks? It is true for electronic base rhythms, where, well, they are electronic, but generally there should only be pedal or open hihat.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I actually never paid attention to weather they showed up in generated breaks and guess what? They don't! I now know what's going on there. I open MD with the intention of just maybe designing a drum kit. So I'm layering sounds and changing snares, etc. As I'm playing beats and breaks to test my awesome new kit, it never occurred to me that the beats and breaks I'm hearing are for the default kit, which is of course, electronic!

I just now tried 3 different beats, generated all, and no physically impossible stuff goin on there. Thanks for clearing that up.

That Vojtech has an answer for everything! Hehehe

Cool! :D :D
And yeah, ask me a question, something philosophical! :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Err Vojtech, I hope these ponderings about life and the universe will not distract you from the sequencer/beats/velocity anomaly. :)

Err goldglob, I think we concluded that you're crazy and it will be left as is. Bahahahahaha!!

Now that's a constructive debate! I could have told you the meaning of life but... well... too late ;) :D
Vojtech

M drummer 5.02 is out! that's the meaning of life!:D

Hi,

I asked the following question by email to Melda Production, and got an answer from Vojtech, who puts the issue on the to-do list. I’d like to know if I’m the only one disturbed by the problem, so I post it on this forum:

1° I select channel 1, and a rhythm
2° I select channel 2 and a percussion
3° I click back to channel 1, but Mdrummer still displays the rhythm selected on channel 2

If I don't write somewhere the chosen rhythm for channel 1, how can I know or see what was selected ?

Something else: Is there any hope that the manual will be translated in french ?

Cheers!

Raymond

I'm not getting that problem.
Just checking, when you "click back to channel 1", are you doing this in the Rhythm Editor/ Globals panel and not somewhere else?

Hi,
Same for me works as expected.
I assume you are in the rhytm editor for to do that?

Actually he meant Quick setup (wasn't very specific indeed...) and there it doesn't reselect to the actual rhythm, will probably be fixed.
Vojtech

Hi,

Exactly. I’m trying several virtual drummers, before buying one of them, and the test was done with Mdrummer Small. So, I’ll try the demo of the normal version.

I have EZdrummer2, so different from Mdrummer that they are more complementary then competitors. The Toontrack product sounds superb, but only acoustic and is restrictive when it comes to design rhythms. But it’s useful if you are more a musician then a sound designer, and look for an always ready “drummer” to work on a project, whom you can more or less tell what he should do. But if you don’t buy many additional banks, you’ll rapidly feel frustrated, and almost sure that the same rhythm with the same sound is used in several other compositions.

Mdrummer can be both: an out of the box drummer, and a complex drum, rhythm and sound designer. The problem I got concerns the first use, and I’m happy that it will be fixed, even if Melda could go further:

With the quick start menu, and two midi tracks templates (one for the midi command method, the other for drum pad mode), Mdrummer is as fast as the competitors to suit the need of the musician, just looking for a nice drum track. For this purpose, it’s important that the user immediately knows what happens, and what presets he uses, even if he tweaks them.

Raymond

Thank you! :love:

Now you mentioned some problem, but didn't describe it (or am I missing something?).
Vojtech

How my bad English (so a french manual or tuto would help, but the market is probably to small) !

I just started testing the full version, but I’ll take an example. When I load a drum set in the drumset editor, Mdrummer shows the drumset toolbar with the chosen set (“current drumset”). Perfect. It would be useful to display the chosen rhythm in the rhythm editor, for each channel. If the user changes something, the name of the rhythm could be displayed with mention "modified". Eg, Pianoteq, the excellent virtual piano works like that.

Return to “MeldaProduction”