The Melda plugin installers are awesome

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wanted to post this. :) Just did a complete reinstall of all my hosts and plugins, to go 64-bit only, and the Melda installers really stood out of the ones i installed. Everything is clear, the installation paths are being auto completed, and the installer works very quickly. May only be a small thing, but some installers can really be a pain the ***, for example on some, it's not clear whether the installer will create a folder like "Melda Productions" or not, which can easily mess up your folder hierarchy, if you are keen on having one. Also there's installers which add a "\Vstplugins" to the location you specified, and if you don't take care, you will end with a folder Vstplugins in your plugins folder, which obviously sucks. And sometimes it's not clear whether the installer adds an uninstaller to the system too, or simply creates the folders and files in the VST plugin folder... real nightmare if you have to install a lot of stuff, and you never know whether it is this or that way. But again, praise to the Melda installer, it's really great in these regards. :tu: Oh, and the updater is great too.

chk071 wrote:... for example on some, it's not clear whether the installer will create a folder like "Melda Productions" or not ...
True dat. Really annoying.

Thank you! :love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Agreed!! Developers should put more effort in good installers. The Meldaproductions plugin installers are amazingly good. Great topic, very deserved respect. :D

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

+1
With some vendors, I'll hold off updating until I have no new projects in progress. But with Melda plugs I never hesitate to update because I know there'll be no problems.

I'm in the process of building a new DAW, so I'm having to revisit installation and authorization processes for dozens of products, many which I haven't had to deal with for a long time and have forgotten what a hassle they are to install. Some vendors just won't be making the cut onto the new DAW because they're just more trouble than they're worth. Sorry, Waves, but you're off to the bitbucket for good now.

Return to “MeldaProduction”