Voice-per-channel support in MPowerSynth

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've been playing around with MPowerSynth and I really like what I'm hearing. Is there any chance that you could support voice-per-channel MIDI so that the expressiveness of new controllers like the LinnStrument, Eigenharp, Continuum, Seaboard, Soundplane, ... could be leveraged? U-he and Wolfgang Palm already paved the way for this, MPowerSynth seems like a wonderful candidate synth for this also.

As an example, here's what I was able to do with a single channel of expression on the LinnStrument, imagine one for each finger! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F2RCCp5YMQ

Thanks!

Geert
Moog software - LinnStrument - RackBlox - CableCube - Knobotron - Eigenharp Alpha/Tau/Pico - SendMIDI / ReceiveMIDI - MIDI Tape Recorder - Geco MIDI Leap - Steelstring Guitar - Electric Guitar - Vocals - Dynamod Games - Kung-fu

Hmmm, I'll get some info about this when possible. Though I'm a little afraid that it could technically impossible, we'll see.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

As a LinnStrument owner, I second the motion for Channel-per-note capability. Bazille, SynPlant, and other synths have this feature so it is technically possible for some synths.

With this feature, one could
Assign a plural (2-16) MIDI channels to MPowerSynth. For example, assign Midi Channels 1-4 to MPowerSynth.
On the LinnStrument other other Channel-per-note controller, the first note would be sent to MPowerSynth on Channel 1, the next note on Channel 2, the next on Channel 3, the next on Channel 4, the next on Channel 1, and so on.
On the LinnStrument (or other) apply 3-D expression for each note played.
In that case, MPowerSynth could respond to the 3-D expression for each note played. For example, one could play two notes and apply different amounts of pitch bend to the two notes.
Another way of looking at Channel-per-note is that you get multiple dimensions of polyphonic aftertouch.

Aaaha, got it. I'm not sure if that would be possible, but I'll check.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”