Applying Same ENVELOPE to All Velocity Layers

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a multi-sampled tom and all 32 velocity layers are assigned to Tom1 in the drumkit editor.

Now I want to craft the envelope to reduce the tom tail, but so far it looks like that I have to do this one by one for ALL 32 velocity layers.

Is there a way to apply the same envelope to all the velocity layers at the same time for a particular kit piece ?

I'm afraid that's correct. Or you can try effects - MTransient or MCompressor should do quite some miracles ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

There is a way of doing this more quickly which might help towards what you want.
Navigate to your samples.
Set up layer 1 with the sample and envelope you want.
Hit the duplicate button. Your duplicate will have the same envelope.
Now select the sample you want for this layer..the envelope stays the same ( because it relates to the layer, not the specific sample).
And so on.
Quicker than trying to dial up identical envelopes.
This won't work of course if you have let MD import multiple samples for you in one go.

Thanks (again) goldglob !! Sometimes it seems you are a part of melda , your knowledge of the softwares is so detailed...

I did try this method before posting my question, and it quickly became hassle-seom as most of my kits are 15 -22 piece, with 24 to 127 velcoity layers for each....

I'm going to see what Vojtech's suggestion of using the Meffects yeilds...

Thought I would think that using a gate would the first choice for cutting a tom's long tail, but I'm sure he knew something that I don't when he suggested the compresser or the transient fx.

I haven't conquered every aspect of MD yet, but I think participating in this forum is helping me to get there.
Just mucking about with MTransient...does what you want I think... just pull down the sustain, or for a gate sound choose 'transients' in Advanced/Output and experiment with 'resolution' and 'detector mode' and 'level independent' settings...brilliant.

goldglob wrote:I haven't conquered every aspect of MD yet, but I think participating in this forum is helping me to get there.
Just mucking about with MTransient...does what you want I think... just pull down the sustain, or for a gate sound choose 'transients' in Advanced/Output and experiment with 'resolution' and 'detector mode' and 'level independent' settings...brilliant.
I was thinking of getting to reasonable levels with mdrummer before tackling the HUGE amount of fx, but it looks like I will have to consider them in my learning.

Thanks ! this does look fantastic

Return to “MeldaProduction”