Polyyyyyyyyyphonic modeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't believe how irritating this thing is. I used reaper and on the virtual keyboard I just run the mouse over the keys in polyphonic mode and polyphonic(1 per note) mode and the thing sustains like a bad smell. What the hell is going on? One of the random notes goes on and on and on. It doesn't switch off until I press that little icon in the right hand corner (to the left of the spanner) and it resets itself (hey! why no tooltips?)

jk-cream2 wrote:I can't believe how irritating this thing is. I used reaper and on the virtual keyboard I just run the mouse over the keys in polyphonic mode and polyphonic(1 per note) mode and the thing sustains like a bad smell. What the hell is going on? One of the random notes goes on and on and on. It doesn't switch off until I press that little icon in the right hand corner (to the left of the spanner) and it resets itself (hey! why no tooltips?)
Is the sustain pedal on?

Does the preset have a long sustain?

No sustain pedal, no long preset. Seems to do it only with polyphonic mode.

Oh dear, also some monophonic (toggle) mode.

That would happen if Reaper wouldn't send correct note-offs. There have been quite a few fixes because some hosts just do weird things, but I just checked in Reaper with MPowerSynth 8.09 and everything seems just fine. Do you have 8.09 installed?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Previously I tried reaper 4.73 64 bit then reaper 4.75 64 bit. Mpowersynth 8.06 (but I think it is 8.09) - both seem to have same problem.

Oh dear, same prob in reaper 4.75 32 bit.

^^^^
I've tried a few times to get Reaper's Virtual MIDI Keyboard (VMK) to drop a Note Off, but have not succeeded.

Perhaps you could recreate the problem, but record the MIDI from the VMK into a MIDI clip then attach the project here so we can have a look? Any notes without Note Offs will stand out in the MIDI Editor
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Midi file of mpowersynth midi problem in reaper 4.402 in file attached midi_export-reaper4-402-64bit.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I can't believe this but I attached a keystation mini32 keyboard and it doesn't do this crazy stuff that the virtual keyboard does. It's the reaper vk software?

That MIDI file plays OK here into various synths in Reaper (I do not have mpowersyth)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

The MIDI is playing fine here as well. Are you sure you are not sending it to the plugin 2x or something?
(I checked in MPowerSynth and newest Reaper)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

This is molto peculiar - I have recorded a wav file of just a sinewave initial preset and using the vkboard used the mouse to go from c3 to c4 then up and down in polyphonic (1 note) mode. reaper 4.402 x64. This effect only happens on this mpowersynth vst to my knowledge.
this is a link to dropbox wav file https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x1b5z7rzw83j ... m.wav?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x1b5z7rzw83j ... m.wav?dl=0

Well, please try to record it, so it does that every time you enable playback and send me the reaper project, I'll check it here.
Vojtech

I've had similar problems with FLStudio and energyXT (v. 1), with the FLS virtual keyboard and with a third-party virtual keyboard in eXT. The hanging notes, for me, seem to be related to fast speed of mousing along the virtual keyboards. Slow mousing up and down the keyboards generally doesn't cause a hung note, but faster mousing often does. I just tried in FLS with MPS 8.07 and could get hung notes with ANY of the voice modes except Triggering. I have never seen this with any other VSTi that I have (and there are many!). Perhaps a buffer is filling up so that a note-off message is being missed by MPS? For what it is worth, I use an elderly AMD WinXP computer with 1 Gb of RAM.

Because I don't normally use very quickly played notes in real songs, I've not been pressing Melda for a fix. If slower keypressing led to the problem as well, I would be more concerned.

Greg Williams

Return to “MeldaProduction”