The elusive "Transformation" setting in MMultiBandGranular

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

The transformation setting/parameter in MMBGranular seems like a very interesting and powerful feature (especially having the possibility to edit the graph) but it's also very unclear how it works. All I could found in the manual about it says "Transformation selects the current transformation applied on the grain. You can edit all transformation in the advanced settings window."
So, could anyone explain a little bit how this transformation thing works?

Thanks

Hi,

it is extremely advanced, so basically it assumes you'd be playing with it :). Probably some further docs would be useful though.
Anyway : it works the same as MRhythmizer. X is input time axis, Y is output time axis. So you basically take a grain and transform it in time. So for example "/" graph transforms 0->0, 0.5->0.5, 1->1... so that there's no transformation, in every moment in time the output is taken from the same moment in time. But for example "\" graph transforms 0->1, 0.5->0.5, 1->0, so that in the beginning the output is taken from the end of the grain and vice versa, so you are reversing each grain.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I see. It's a little clearer now.
Thanks a lot Vojtech :tu:
MeldaProduction wrote:Probably some further docs would be useful though.
Yes indeed. This transformation tool, although capable of very interesting stuff, is not very intuitive. Maybe a little video tutorial would be even better. Actually a video tutorial covering the entire MMBGranular would be awesome, cause this plugin is certainly not the most intuitive one.

MeldaProduction wrote:Hi,

it is extremely advanced, so basically it assumes you'd be playing with it :). Probably some further docs would be useful though.
Anyway : it works the same as MRhythmizer. X is input time axis, Y is output time axis. So you basically take a grain and transform it in time. So for example "/" graph transforms 0->0, 0.5->0.5, 1->1... so that there's no transformation, in every moment in time the output is taken from the same moment in time. But for example "\" graph transforms 0->1, 0.5->0.5, 1->0, so that in the beginning the output is taken from the end of the grain and vice versa, so you are reversing each grain.
Please add this to the documentation :-) :-)

I had the same big question mark in my face regarding the transformation, now I know, and I say wow!!!!! This is something I'll dig into!

Hehe ok folks :), I'll see what I can do :).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Quick and dirty test video with MultibandGranular (also displaying the Transformation feature) after installing version 8.09, using one of my Glockenspiel patches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_PuMirwVtY

Thanks Simon. That's the first and only video on youtube showing MMBGranular in action.

I guess dad is too busy making new kids so not every child gets the attention it would deserve. I shall make a tutorial then.

Sampleconstruct wrote:I guess dad is too busy making new kids so not every child gets the attention it would deserve. I shall make a tutorial then.
Hehe. Dad might use a little help, indeed. :D

Looking forward to it...maybe some presets too!

Sampleconstruct wrote:I guess dad is too busy making new kids so not every child gets the attention it would deserve. I shall make a tutorial then.

jc_vt wrote:maybe some presets too!
Maybe yes, why not, it's such a complex and capable beast.

Here is a video displaying the Pitch Quantization function in MBandGranular, where you can tune the grains to any given pitches/scales:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc_P4QitQsU

Ha! Time to start spreading these! ;)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”