Global GUI issues

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

I'm having problems with the GUI's of all your plugins.
Regardless of which style I use, the problem is that the graphics get "stuck", and there's something going on with the resizing at times

Example:
Open a plugin, everything looks fine. Open the modulation window of the plugin, everything is still fine. I can move around the independent windows without problems. BUT, when I close the modulation window, the graphics of that window still sticks to the screen both over and outside the plugin. If i move the plugin window around, it sort of erases the stuck graphics around the plugin, but there are still parts of the modulation window graphics showing over the plugin. If I move the plugin window outside my screen area and back, the graphics are "cleared" and it's back to normal.

This is consistent for all your plugins, and I have no issues with other plugins, or other graphic issues on the computer. However, I noticed as I was writing this post now, that suddenly the graphics of one of my Waves plugins got screwed up, turned all white and with glitchy graphics, probably like in this post:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=417525
The Waves graphics are fixed by reopening the project.

Actually, a revelation strikes me while writing this post, dunno why I didn't consider it before.
It seems to be related to a Screen Dimmer app I'm using for windows (http://www.nelsonpires.com/software/dimmer/), because when I closed that, the graphics are working perfectly.

However, it still poses the question as to what's causing the problem. I'm always using the dimmer, and I have no issues with any other applications or plugins.

See attached screenshots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

ok, so, first a little technical explanation:

Our plugins use OpenGL for GPU acceleration. The main plugin window needs a so-called OpenGL context as well as every popup, so there's pretty high "traffic" with them if you use popups. With NVidia cards it seems working just fine, but with some ATI cards the drivers are malfunctioning, causing access violations inside them etc. ATI just sucks, they are obviously designed for games, where there's just one context, so it's not such a big deal.

Screen Dimmer app needs to work with the screen, probably using OpenGL as well, and there's a lot to go wrong, but they are the only ones that can do something about it. With Waves plugins there are apparently problems, but their GUI is having the problem, not ours. And there are a few other companies (FabFilter from what I know), which use OpenGL too and there are no problems either, so I'm afraid this is Waves' problem.

ANYWAY click Settings / GPU acceleration (use the newest version) and there are 3 modes : fully accelerated, compatibility mode and disabled, so you can try the other modes. Disabled will most likely work without problems, but obviously there won't be any acceleration...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ha, I also have this problem, I couldn't solve it, it occurs only every now and then.

OK, thanks for the clarification!

I'm running a Dell laptop through a dock, and never thought about it before, but I think I might be running on the onboard Intel GPU. I'm using a VGA cable, so most likely. I'll get my hands on a proper cable soon and let u know how it goes running it through the nvidia card in it. But for now, I've switched to another dimmer called RedShift, and I'm having no problems with this whatsoever! :)

And in case anyone's wondering, the waves-gui error was an isolated incident for me.

Return to “MeldaProduction”