MMultiAnalyzer loudness meter

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any way to change the loudness metering? Right now it appears to be EBU R128, but I would like the option of using K-20, K-14, and dBFS Peak.

Here's a screenshot of what I am referring to:

Also, is it possible to set the collision detection threshold? It would be nice to adjust how "sensitive" it is.
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

I'm afraid not. K-20, K-14... are basically getting obsolete, EBU is the "standard" these days. It's for comparison anyway, so the actual value for each track doesn't really matter that much.
About sensitivity - sound like a good idea, I'll add it to to-do list.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Alright, thanks Vojtech.

One thought: EBU R128 may very prominent in broadcast, but K-system is used widely by mix engineers. My primary reason for asking about K-system and Peak is so the analyzer's meters match my Pro Tools meters. I suppose it's not a critical issue, I have several metering plug-ins available that do K-system.
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

I gotta say I'm mildly disappointed at the features of this Analyzer compared to its little
brother and the one built into the EQs..

No Area markers, no mini sonogram, and you cant view the meter at the same time.
I was expecting "Super Analyzer" to negate all others in the collection.

Admittedly, none of these things are critical, but they were nice...
I probably wouldn't have bought it if my demo had not expired
long ago and I had been able to test it again...

Also why cant we just set the meter offset like u can in many other analyzers?

*shrugs...

Other than that its excellent...

-Cheers

K-meter - it's really obsolete. EBU is basically a standard in broadcast, meaning the norms for broadcasting expect the audio to fit. For audio community there is no standard, K-meter is not any kind of standard, it's just something people started using many many years ago and now it's just obsolete I'm afraid. EBU will probably replace it, so...

Additional features - well, when designing this one we decided to make it simple and easy to use. It's not designed as "swiss army knife" for simple track like MAnalyzer for example. The purpose is to be easily able to compare multiple tracks. I'll see about the areas though, but think of it yourself - mini songram just doesn't make any sense - what you are describing is basically "Collision tab". On the analyzer tab it doesn't make any sense, because you can theoretically have as many tracks at the same moment as you wish!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

@Vojtech

Ok thx for responding... I guess I didn't really get the design intention of it. I blame the guy in the video...
He had me thinking it would be the only analyzer I would ever need. Its something about the way we Americans react
to someone with a british sounding accent talking about audio software. I think they call it the "Dan Worrall Effect"...
Anyway, I was mostly just hoping you would explain to me why I didn't need all those things. So I could
feel better about it...

Which you have done nicely...

The area markers would be cool tho, I like looking at them...

-Cheers

:D :D love the name :D

The thing is, most of the underhood features in MAnalyzer are like scientific. You can use them to really deeply analyze audio materials, but that's something you rarely do when mixing music, where MMultiAnalyzer comes in, designed really for the musical stuff. It still has the advanced stuff such as super-resolution and deharmonization, but it doesn't have the really scifi stuff such as FFT size, curve-based prefiltering etc., which is just useless in practice.
Vojtech

mesaone wrote:Also, is it possible to set the collision detection threshold? It would be nice to adjust how "sensitive" it is.
Maybe you could use the gain knob to adjust the levels or is this sensitive somehow different?

Yep something like that... ;)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”