Q: Parameters - MIDI (Note) Controllers? [Resolved]

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking at the MIDI Settings window I can see how to map a MIDI CC message and range to a plug-in parameter:

At the end of the list are 'MIDI controllers' and 'MIDI Note controllers' groups each with a list of parameters:

I have explored the help windows but I cannot find out where / how they are used. Can someone point me in the right direction?

PS: the main window help refers to 'MIDI settings' in the Settings menu and a 'MIDI Configuration window'. But that choice is not listed in the menu. I presume that this is now the [MIDI] button in the lower- -rioght corner of the main window.
Last edited by DarkStar on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

It's just that you can actually control the range / state of the MIDI controllers. Usually it's useless, but if you for example design an active preset, you may need to be able to control the "controllers". E.g. pitch shift active preset in MMultiBandHarmonizer may use pitch bend MIDI control to do something, but you may need to control the range the controller uses.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

OK, thank you. Yep, I get the concept of "controlling the controllers" but I cannot see how to do it. Can you outline the steps needed to get one controller to control another?

----------------------
Edit: Now that I understand, it makes sense ;)

Here I have mapped the ModWheel to control MMultiBandHarmonizer 's Band 1 Pitch - semitones. Then I mapped CC#5 (Glide Time) to ' MIDI Controllers - Controller 1 - MaxValue' (that is the Max Value of the Pitch semitones that can be controlled by the ModWheel.

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/GxpOciG.png

In this animated gif,

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/W9ldF46.gif

you can see that:
(a) when the CC#5 slider on my MIDI controller is set to its maximum, the Pitch semitones MaxValue is +12, and jiggling the ModWheel changes the actual Pitch semitones value between -12 and +12 semitones.
(b) when the CC#5 slider on my MIDI controller is set to 44, the Pitch semitones MaxValue is -4, and jiggling the ModWheel changes the actual Pitch semitones value between -12 and -4 semitones.

Phew. I like it :)

--------------------------
PS: If it is easy, perhaps the 'semitones' text in the value fields could be abbreviated to 's/t' so that the numeric value can be seen more easily.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

:love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”