remove resonances: MSpectralDynamics or MAutoDynamicEQ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just had my first "encounter" with MSpectralDynamics. I tried it before just throwing it on a full mix and not getting anything positive out of it, so it it was kinda sitting in the stash for a while. Now I had some huge resonances in some audio material, and a lot of different frequencies involved, so not possible for MDynamicEQ. So I put MSpectralDynamics on it and it worked wonders. Really cool tool to remove resonances.

But where is the exact difference between MSpectralDynamics and MAutoDynamicEQ? Is the EQ curve of MSpectralDynamics applied after the dynamics processing? Or is it basically a frequency dependent processing threshold? Is MAutoDynamicEQ something I should look at (never used it to be honest)?

There are very different. MAutoDynamicEq is a dynamic equalizer meaning that it is a parameteric equalizer, which can "move bands" according to input signal properties. MSpectralDynamics however is a truly spectral processor, which decomposes the signal into separate frequencies and creates a dynamics processor for each of them, simply put.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Could you please send us example ZentralmassivSound?

I personnaly fear to use MSpectralDynamics because of phasing issue (maybe I'm totally wrong; I tried the demo and wasnt sure what to think; I had a hard time setting eq)

I had a pad that I tried to blend in background (as 'frequency glue' should I say), so I sidechained my pads to the main guitar part but had strange artefacts; maybe a video tutorial could help? We had a MSpectral video about noise/background removal, but one about mixing pad and sound design possibility would be great (I tried noise resynthesis but had a lot of artefacts too)

Nice thread.

astramistil: The plugin is completely linear-phase, so there shouldn't be any phasing artifacts. Anyway please ensure you are using 9.01. What you could hear is lack of smoothness - just increase naturality and/or smoothness parameters. Otherwise the plugin can be too "specific", targeting too individual frequencies, and that can end up with some unnatural results.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”