MStereoExpander different in MXXX?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

could it be that the MStereoExpander in MXXX acts different? I set up one MStereoExpander in MXXX and nothing else. Then I set up a MStereoExpander in my mixer chain and set up both MStereoExpander with the same values:
stereo_expander.jpg
If I mute MStereoExpander and activate MXXX I can hear clearly a difference. If I mute MXXX and activate MStereoExpander there is no audible change in the audio signal.

So: does MStereoExpander behaves different inside MXXX?

Thanks for answers! :)

Edit:
Additional info: the input signal comes in MONO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

It looks like it does, yes (here, anyway).

Using the same settings as you and a stereo sample, the meter levels are different:

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/7t8THvu.png

And here is a snapshot of MXXX and MStereoExpander in MMultianalyser:
Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/X5L9OmP.png
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes they do ;). That's because the "delay" generator works different way in MXXX - in MStereoExpander plugin it's not very good, but for sake of backward compatibility... :(
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I see. And yes, I somehow thought that I liked the MStereoExpander insider MXXX more, haha. :D ... just good to know. In the end it's no problem for me. :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

MeldaProduction wrote:Yes they do ;). That's because the "delay" generator works different way in MXXX - in MStereoExpander plugin it's not very good, but for sake of backward compatibility... :(
While I understand the importance of backwards compatibility, I would suggest that, if at all possible, the improved delay generator is built into MStereoExpander, with a guideline in the Release notes explaining how to get the "old" sound (should anyone wish to).

Or, add a MStereoExpander2 :o with the improved Delay Generator.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hehe sorry, but that won't happen. MStereoExpander is just the way it is. For good artificial stereo you need to use MStereoSpread, it's unbeatable anyway ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”