All Presets Installed with 9.10

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MeldaProduction wrote:Exactly... The development time is the most expensive resource out there, so when the deal is to choose between new features users actually want and will use, and not installing files, which are not currently used
So your time is more important than mine ? How long would it take you to just make your installer install the files and presets for the selected Plugins ? I doubt any "new features" would suffer during that time.....
MeldaProduction wrote:(and are in locations the users are not supposed to explore, that's what I meant),
Excuse me again ? Who the hell are you to tell me I'm not supposed to "explore locations" on my own computer. This is the attitude that has caused me not to trust you.
MeldaProduction wrote:from V9 we just take the "safe way", even if it means installing some unused files.
Safe way for you......spewing files all over every customer's computer they neither need nor want just because you might have to do a little customer support once in a blue moon is ridiculous. Again imagine if every developer did this......there is a reason they don't.

Anyway I'm done with you as a developer. Too bad as you do make great plugins but I simply don't trust you or your software anymore........... :shrug:

Good luck fanbois.......enjoy your bloatware. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

...please delate this tread...as fun as it has been...i need to move on...back to reality for some of us...the weekend is almost over.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

This is a good thread. It presents the arguments and the strong feelings for- and against- quite clearly. It's a keeper.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Well, that became quite an argue here :o
First of all, I understand some people want their computers clean, me 2, but you are looking in bad places... Just 2 facts:

1) Right now my C:/Windows directory contains about 120k files, Program files another 200k, Program data 40k, User data 80k, and that's not even all... So a few more files from our installation isn't really going to do anything big...

2) MeldaProduction Plugin Kernel - a few people argued, words like "malware" sometimes appeared... Well, this thing is the biggest thing in plugin history imho :D. The amount of performance gained by this is in a totally different proportion than would you might loose by placing a million files in there. Not mentioning it converted original 4GB installation (if you used all plugins and all interfaces) to about 100MB! ;)

Here's the thing - in the computers it rarely is "how it looks like". More files don't do anything that horrible. The file systems are made in such a way, that this doesn't really do much. If you want your computer fast, then you use proper HW, don't use antiviruses and such malware (AV is the true malware...) and just focus on music! ;)

We are here for music after all ;). All great musicians in the history were actually messy people! :D :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Teksonik wrote: So your time is more important than mine ?
I would respectfully argue, on behalf of what must be thousands of Melda product users out there, that it is.

I'm one of those users. If Vojtech wants to focus on quality control and feature enhancements at the expense of a little file redundancy, then I'm 100% for it. Disk drives are massive these days and storage is all but free. A little bloat (and we're really talking about insignificant amounts) does no one any harm. It's all a matter of priorities, and to my mind, Vojtech has them ordered properly.

dmbaer wrote:
Teksonik wrote: So your time is more important than mine ?
I would respectfully argue, on behalf of what must be thousands of Melda product users out there, that it is.

I'm one of those users. If Vojtech wants to focus on quality control and feature enhancements at the expense of a little file redundancy, then I'm 100% for it. Disk drives are massive these days and storage is all but free. A little bloat (and we're really talking about insignificant amounts) does no one any harm. It's all a matter of priorities, and to my mind, Vojtech has them ordered properly.
:love:

I think everyone's time has the exact same "importance level" :D, but my priority is improvement of the plugins and this would just waste the development time. Think about it - a truly working auto-mixing plugin OR lower number of files installed, I think the decision is obvious :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

My two cent: I also think that it does not matter that much if there are some files more or less. I also think that performance and inovative features are more important than having some less files on the system. I have to admit that some time ago I also wanted to have my system as clear as I can, but after some time it just "got more crowded with files". Now I do not even think about it and I try to just use my system. In the end I do not have to look into system folders, right? ;)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

On the subject of the installer.......

Why no option to deselect installation of 64bit or 32bit versions?

I want one or the other not both installed

Thanks
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:On the subject of the installer.......

Why no option to deselect installation of 64bit or 32bit versions?

I want one or the other not both installed

Thanks
That would indeed be useful. I'm 100% 64 bit and have no use for the 32 bit plugins. Just today I installed the latest version and was wondering why I couldn't deselect the 32 bit versions.

(Happy MTotalBundle user here - it's a great package that keeps getting better with every release. I'm glad I bought in comparatively early. Lots of love for Vojtech - he may have his quirks, but he's a very dedicated guy who never stops delivering.)

+1 on a deselect for 32 bit. I've got in the habit of deleting the 32 bit versions after each update as I'm finding reaper will use them (through bridging) over 64 bit if given the choice.

+1
It's easy if you know how

Sorry 32/64 won't happen either. I have spend numerous hours on support explaining differences between 32/64, people often believe ridiculous nonsense... So now it will be both. After all, check the sizes, these are tiny...
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”