MMultiBandDelay simulate 8 (and more) individual taps with FX for each taps?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dont know if someone already asked, but its been in my mind for a long time:

Is there any ways (like with Echoboy http://www.sonicscoop.com/site/wp-conte ... ho_boy.png or Delay Designer https://www.google.com/search?q=delay+d ... W2fCVUM%3A) to 'see' volume of each taps using lets say a Step Sequencer modulator?

I think MMultibandDelay is the less powerfull Melda effect and could be with more 'visual feedback' amazing (compare to Phaser, Chorus which are monsters :love: )

1-can we use 'Step sequencer shape' as shaping tool for each taps?
2-coordinating another step sequencer modulator, we could for each tap modulate differente setting (as in Delay Designer), like Saturation and hp/lp acting as cutoff (is it possible to have a complete eq as in MConvolution (considering taps are not treated serially)?)
3-with MXXX, coordinating modulator of FX (phaser lets says) reacting *to each* individual taps pre or post would be crazy too ( (4-) but I guess as for fx 'before' the delay it would not consider repetition of taps? so it could only be post or sidechained?)
5-is there a presets of this?

From an organic Pad designer/sfx point of view I have high hopes concerning this thx alot! :tu:

Hmmm, I'm quite lost, you seem to answer yourself :D. If you want to use a step sequencer on a tap gain, then the modulators are the answer of course. Just check the modulator tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKmwsLiF ... e=youtu.be
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

The modulators video did not help.
Maybe I wasnt clear enough: here's exactly what Im talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5dwohfKqns

The 'feedback' views are excellent; we know exactly visually whats happening etc, though its overpriced ..

I tried with modulator's step sequencer alternatively on gain, on d/w, feedback etc... but all it gives is stutter/tremolo fx (because repeats doesnt overlap; they all get their volume down). Otherwise making 8-12 taps in MXXX is not an efficient way to work.

So is there an *easy way* to set Specific volume for each repeat; I sincerely dont understand why the main screen for each tap is not a step sequencer like Soundtoys Echoboy, or UVI's one, or Delay Designer in logic. It would help sooooo much

and how?

Thank you

I agree with you, astramistil! I personally think that Melda arsenal offers almost everything one could wish for, so I use Melda plugins exclusively, with only one exception: the delay. I simply had to buy Relayer because this is exactly how the real multi-tap delay should look like.

I think the word Step sequencer is really wrong here, you mean just the editor for multiple taps, right? I'll check the Relayer, but to be honest, there are so many delays out there, that there are just more interesting things to work on right now.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yes exactly. I said step sequencer because we could use Melda's step sequencer to control each tap volume behavior (swell, etc..)

Also, synchronized/grouped with other FX in MXXX would be amazing, by far the most advanced delay.

Is it hard or long to implement a 'step-sequence-like' view for about 8 to 16 repeats? I have echoboy, but the 'each-repeat-volume' view is not friendly and syncing it to other fx is impossible, and no multi-band of course. A good all-around delay, but for sound design there is missing that Melda touch, a one that remind me alot Alchemy in term of possibility.

I hope MYYY is the reason why you dont have time for my suggestion! :pray:

Hehe MYYY is still in phase of planning :D.

Anyway, this would mean a different plugin. Delays are very simple to create, but if we would do that, I'd like something more than just a simple delay. What features would you need? (one by one ;) )
Vojtech

Can't resist this invitation :x :lol:

A great feature I'm missing in most Tap-delays would be something to tap on ;)

I once had a delay freebee that sadly isn't working in never DAWs anymore.
It featured a button to tap on by mouse, pen of a graphics tablet and so on.
It can repeatedly be tapped and that way the plugin calculated the speed with wich you tapped on it currently.
After a few seconds I could find the perfect delay speed, just by hearing and adjusting it with my tapping speed.

It's handy in cases, where the delay isn't syncable or where there just isn't any rythm or music, but
it needs to have a specific speed, in wich the delays follow. Can you follow me here? :P I hope :o
-PC: Threadripper gen3 3200, 128Gig RAM, Windows 10/64bit, SDD HDs, RME UCX, Geforce GTX 1050Ti, Reason 12, Wavelab9, MTotalBundle, 2 Acer Touchscreens-

It already exists. Alt + left click on tempo in ms

Greets

Marek

The best thing would be I think:

1-A view like Melda's step sequencer from 1 to 32 taps (about 16 for me do okay) because I havent seen already a delay where we can swell/triplets/etc. or reverse a tap
2-*If each tap could have its own output it would be amazing; in MXXX, a preset that route each one to a lane of fx for easy syncing (maybe there is an easier way, but for now I guess Sound/Pads Designer as I am would be highly delighted in term of speed and ergonomy of workflow)
3-As with 'Relayers', a view of ''feedback'' ('ghost' lines) upon a quantized grid would gives an excellent feedback of whats happening (so we can predict more easily feedback patterns when sounds are overlapping)
4-A 'skew', compress, etc. (like with Meldas Harmonic Oscillator) option for overall taps volume and spacing

Does it sound interesting?

I'm afraid multiout is out of question, but I get the rest of it. We'll see, in the future.
Vojtech

Hi,

Here are some suggestions for the delay:

-A good pitch-shifter in the delay paths of all the tabs
-An automatic ducking feature (on every tab)
-Two build in reverb modules (sends from each tab)

Cheers!

AGIGA wrote:Hi,

Here are some suggestions for the delay:

-A good pitch-shifter in the delay paths of all the tabs
-An automatic ducking feature (on every tab)
-Two build in reverb modules (sends from each tab)

Cheers!
Well, I'm afraid it's a no to all of them, after all you can do all of these things in MXXX ;).
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”