Really like MeldaProduction ... but why? ...

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

To start with the simple answer to the thread's title/subject: I like Melda because I get good quality for the money I invest.

Next, pricing policy: I do not (have to) run the company but I guess that if someone can code like that they are intelligent enough to decide how much money they want for their work. Sometimes it is better to sell more than enough at a lower price than not enough at a higher price.

I mean: imagine you work on a synth for a year or two. You must make a living somehow whilst coding, no? Then you launch it and money comes in. You need to fill the gap of the previous years, live at the present moment and be aware of the future whilst you are coding an upgrade and/or something new.
I have much respect for this because Vojtech and many others not only stick their neck out but literally put in under a guillotine.

We all have to make a living, and I am pretty shure Vojtech know better than we what he needs and how to make his Melda plugins get more and more visible and appreciated.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Thank you folks! :love:

The pricing is actually a really complex thing and I think there just isn't the "best" way. Except for making it all free of course :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

...sounds good to me...:lol:.../s~

...oh! does that still include the "lifetime upgrades?"...:scared:...:D
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

ErikH wrote:To start with the simple answer to the thread's title/subject: I like Melda because I get good quality for the money I invest.
Right, and nicely put...this kinda "sums it up" I reckon.
MeldaProduction wrote:After all the prices are very low, especially considering the competition and quality. I'm often thinking about increasing prices :D
Don't even think about it!!! :hihi: :lol: :hihi: :D

Okay, I must admit that your regular prices are indeed, quite fair. Why, back in the day (late 90's) plugs like this would have been worth thousands. But things are different now.

I'm a musician looking in on this stuff from the sidelines, and from what i can see, the whole digital audio plug-in realm is quite frankly, highly competitive. How else do you explain the move towards subscription models?

Cakewalk seems to be pleased with it, and Steven Slate as well. I really enjoy his enthusiastic newsletters, by the way...it's always a cool day, and you're a cool dude, and he's a cool dude, and everything is shiny, and it's always summer, and...he really wants to help you improve your mixes, and...etcetera...Steven has a nice energy, for sure!

But yeah, Vojtech, that is what you are up against, I suppose. Stiff competition, from a variety of companies... and I think you know it. But that is great for us customers though, right? :hihi:

Oh heck yeah! World class audio plug-ins at totally reasonable prices!(Kick-ass prices, even?)

So a great big "Thank You" to Melda Production, and please understand that Grizzellda is NOT complaining!

Heh heh, Far from it. :hihi:

Hehe :D :D :D

I agree ;). The other thing is that the market is now huge compared to what it was. When I started doing music on my 486 on high school, it was so slow that I actually couldn't listen to the music :) and I used 32k sampling rate and pretty much no effects as I didn't know what to do with them :D. Now everyone has at least one computer (which is actually pretty horrible environment-wise). When I started the company years ago, I thought there may be like a few thousands potential customers, now we have a lot over 10k and I still feel like we are not really known :D. So these days we can afford lower prices. It's just that far less powerful plugins (and often really bad...) are often much more expensive, just think of Waves, UAD, BX (especially this one :D )... But that's market, the price doesn't always equal quality.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: So these days we can afford lower prices. It's just that far less powerful plugins (and often really bad...) are often much more expensive, just think of Waves, UAD, BX (especially this one :D )... But that's market, the price doesn't always equal quality.
Hold on thar! UAD?

Are you talking about Universal Audio?, That company with the hardware powered plugs, audio knowledge going back decades, a big contribution to all this "digital audio" stuff...heck, analogue audio...the music recording biz in general...did I mention hardware?

Like, say, rack mounted stuff and real circuit boards... Say, what are real circuit boards anyhow?? :hihi: :hihi:

They have a beautiful system going here, in my view...so yes, I can see that you are sorry, and I accept your heartfelt apology! :D :hihi: :lol:

:D :D :D

Well, I'm not sorry :D. Sorry :D. I despise analog world, I think it's obsolete and will die :D. Not all agree :D. But I'm a forward thinker ;). Why thinking that the best thing has already been created? Especially from something so imperfect as analog devices? We can always create imperfections, but that's about it ;). Everytime someone asked me to simulate something, I ended up with default settings of MMultiBandSaturator and that was it :D. It might not have sounded the same, but who cares, important is that the person wasn't able to tell which sounds better ;).

(Btw. the UAD HW is nonsense, it's just a trick to make you buy stuff from them, for obvious reaons...)
Vojtech

So...you're not sorry, well, I'm so surprised! :hihi:
MeldaProduction wrote: I despise analog world,
You're joking, of course. Didn't you tell me in another thread that your dad was into electronics? I think I remember that...and there is an old saying, have you heard it?

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"..heh heh :hihi:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The computer you adore is plugged into a wall outlet, right? :phones: :clap: :party:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANALOGUE!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MeldaProduction wrote: Especially from something so imperfect as analog devices?
Why are they so popular then? Heck, analogue emulations seem like they are even more popular than say...oh golly, I dunno ... Melda Production plug-ins perhaps? :hihi:

Sorry Vojtech, not trying to be an asshole, but let's face facts here.

And hey, who the heck decides what an "imperfection" is, anyhow? One person's imperfection might well be another person's perfection.

The "imperfection" is likely where the "analogue warmth" comes from. But these are esoteric concepts.
MeldaProduction wrote: (Btw. the UAD HW is nonsense, it's just a trick to make you buy stuff from them, for obvious reaons...)
No f**k'n way! The acceleration hardware is designed & optimized to run those plugs and take the processing strain off of the computer. The other hardware they make are audio interfaces, like the Apollo. Please rethink this, you're a smart guy ...

Also, Universal Audio has made significant contributions to the business of recording music since the 1950's, I think. We just cannot ignore that. Got to respect those cats, man...

I first learned of Melda via MDrummer. I was fed up with Jamstix and looking for an alternative and it really delivered. I still think it's a great plug in, though it could benefit from a rework of its interface. Great value. I confess that when Melda started releasing effects, I ignored them because I had so many effects plug ins and hardware that I just didn't need them. Then came Mpowersynth. It really blew me away. It quickly became one of my favorite software synths and like all their plug ins, I got it at an introductory price for peanuts. Part of what I fell in love with was the modular effects section and when I found out about MXXX, I G.A.S.'d over it big time, but the price was too high. When they had the Christmas sale for $329, I snapped it up even though I vowed to only beef up my Sonic Core XITE-1 software stable. I'm glad I did. It's an amazing bundle. I remember when Urs promised something like this would be released with Uhbik, and then decided later it was too hard and gave up. I still feel a bit burned by that. Well, evidently not too hard for Melda. I don't know how he keeps food on his table, but he sure delivers a ton of value and quality for what you pay.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:I first learned of Melda via MDrummer. I was fed up with Jamstix and looking for an alternative and it really delivered. I still think it's a great plug in, though it could benefit from a rework of its interface. Great value. I confess that when Melda started releasing effects, I ignored them because I had so many effects plug ins and hardware that I just didn't need them. Then came Mpowersynth. It really blew me away. It quickly became one of my favorite software synths and like all their plug ins, I got it at an introductory price for peanuts. Part of what I fell in love with was the modular effects section and when I found out about MXXX, I G.A.S.'d over it big time, but the price was too high. When they had the Christmas sale for $329, I snapped it up even though I vowed to only beef up my Sonic Core XITE-1 software stable. I'm glad I did. It's an amazing bundle. I remember when Urs promised something like this would be released with Uhbik, and then decided later it was too hard and gave up. I still feel a bit burned by that. Well, evidently not too hard for Melda. I don't know how he keeps food on his table, but he sure delivers a ton of value and quality for what you pay.
Thank you!!!! :love:

Grizzellda: Actually I'm not really joking :D. In any of that. And you are not "facing the facts" as you said, you are merelly repeating the propaganda advertisements :D. But please feel free to create another topic and we can discuss it there ;).
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:I despise analog world, I think it's obsolete and will die :D. Not all agree :D. But I'm a forward thinker ;). Why thinking that the best thing has already been created?
Amen to that!
I also wish that most of Melda's talented competitors would stop investing so much development time mimicking fifty years old technology. :roll:
There's so much left to be done in the audio world, after all!
So I'm glad that Vojtech, along with a few other devs, are showing the way here.
Now user experience and user interface are important as well, and though I'm a (very) happy Total Bundle customer, I'm still waiting for drastic changes on these aspects in existing and future Melda's plug-ins.

No no! Let the others keep reinventing the wheel! :D :D
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Grizzellda: Actually I'm not really joking :D. In any of that. And you are not "facing the facts" as you said, you are merelly repeating the propaganda advertisements :D. But please feel free to create another topic and we can discuss it there ;).
No. I'm not merely repeating anything. Simply saying that UAD's hardware/software system is really, really cool, and that analogue emulations continue to be popular.

But I certainly like your approach too, the "forward thinking" stuff! So it's different tools for different jobs!

Oh, and thanks for the back and forth, I enjoyed it!

Melda stuff is really more complex and could achieve same and better sounding, audio quality, but the problem is I don't know how sometimes. We need more simple go to factory presets. You know your stuff the most Vojtech. Please give us more simple presets for example for your satuaration plugins. Something you can use on every signal. At the end we have to use our ears, but I won't use a plugin where I don't know what this does to my signal. That's a problem I have with your mpolysaturator. How to use it the right way. Where to start?
That's the advantage of slate digital and other vendors, you don't have to thing about the amount of saturation and how to get it working. It's already implented, I don't know if it is "good", but for the most people it does the job.

Svama: It's actually really simple, just increase the input gain, that's all. Or stick with the active presets, these are the simple settings you are asking for! ;)

Grizzellda: You know what I mean, "analogue warmth", imperfection = perfection... Same for UAD, you just don't need another processor for simple task it does. But it's a great trick to make people buy stuff, since they already bought the hardware. I personally hate these tricks some developers do. Trying to make fool of everyone... For the record, I recently tested our plugins, which as you know as super complex, and I created about 400 of them in a single session, at the end I ran out of memory (16GB), but it was still playing without problems, on Windows though... :) What was true 40 years ago just isn't true anymore. But the big guys in the industry are just trying to make you think it is. That's just how it is for both the analog stuff and HW acceleration...
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”