MReverb CPU usage

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I am not sure, why I did not made tests earlier with MReverb. For late verb I just don't like it so much, but for early reflections it is unbelievable great! It's very cool to be able to position the instruments with the XY thing.

Now I am considering rework my orchestral template and use MReverb for positioning / ER for the specific instruments. Till now I did it with Breeze in a send and used one instance for ER only ... probably not that great, but the sound was enough for me. Now, when using MReverb, I would love to use one instance for every instrument / at least sections. The CPU consumption is a bit higher with this technique of course.

I am using MReverb with 0% late and ER only (ER/Late set to 0%). I am wondering if MReverb is still computing the late verb and therefore using more CPU than really needed!? If so: could it be possible to have a switch, which enables / disables the late verb?

Edit: Same question regarding the modulation. Is it disabled when it is 0% ? At least in Breeze the modulation takes a huge amount of CPU already. Maybe disabling the modulation at all could also be saving CPU?

Thanks for an answer! :)

best,
Manu
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Use the cpu benchmark in the settings.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Well, thanks! I forget this feature again and again. :D

Seems like only modulation to 0% has an effect on the CPU.

So the only question stays: is the late reverb still computed, while ER/Late is set to 0% ?

Ps: With Modulation set to 0% I could save some CPU already, great thing! :) :) :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Hmmm, the early and late are always enabled, I'll check and see if there's something possible to improve ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks a lot for taking a look! :)

Tagirijus.de

Done and helps a lot!!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Woa. :love: ... really looking forward to the next update, thanks! :)

Tagirijus.de

Return to “MeldaProduction”