Multitouch

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe switching to Studio One, I have a question regarding Melda Plugins:

are they multitouch -able in Studio One (ten finger Multitouch screen), :?:
which is a thing that the plugin developer seams to have to make available in their plugins,
and this could be an not so unimportant part of my decision to switch to Studio One as host.
-PC: Threadripper gen3 3200, 128Gig RAM, Windows 10/64bit, SDD HDs, RME UCX, Geforce GTX 1050Ti, Reason 12, Wavelab9, MTotalBundle, 2 Acer Touchscreens-

I'm afraid not, OS is usually responsible for that, converting specific gestures to something else. But in Melda plugins there is nothing specifically interpretting gestures of any kind. Btw. how is that related to S1?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

All I know about it is this:

- Since Win7 (I don't have any info about Mac) 10 Finger touch is implemented rudimentarily and with platform update it's fully there. Windows Paint is 10 Finger paintable (I tested that). Win 8 and 10 are fully 10 finger touch-able. :p

- As far as I know the Programmers have to program their programs to make them 10Finger touchable intentionally. Another hint to that I got was that only two DAWs are 10 finger touchable. But I guess they are following up (this info is already two Years old). Studio One is one of them. And it has to be made so by the programmers. Cubase is not (I tested it and got proof from others in Forums).

- Studio One programmers in Youtube videos told as well, that their Programm has been deliberately made 10 finger touchable and that their Plugins are as well. Also that only -some- of the third party plugins are 10Finger ready, which is slowing down the work with those plugins that are not, as this would finally make them programmable in an awsome way where one can find the sweet spot in the adjustments very fast.
One can rotate a few buttons at once and listen...it's working like a breeze :D :D :phones:

I formerly thought it is the host (Cubase, StudioOne) that provides the touch in all aspects of the programm (including Instrument and FX) but that seams to be not the case, as I found out in the last few hours. And windows provides the ability, but not the accessability. It looks like that has to be programmed into the fx plugins/instruments for the platform it runs on.
-PC: Threadripper gen3 3200, 128Gig RAM, Windows 10/64bit, SDD HDs, RME UCX, Geforce GTX 1050Ti, Reason 12, Wavelab9, MTotalBundle, 2 Acer Touchscreens-

Software made with JUCE C++is automatically 10 touch.

for all the info on this subject check out
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov14/a ... e-2014.htm

The time has come when all VST/VSTi's are multi-touch capable.
But why aren't they?
Must be a conspiracy!

Other 10 touch DAWs are Sonar and Bitwig.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Ok, now my question is - what would that be for anyways? :) Just checking :)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Getting the endresult 10 to 20 times faster... :neutral:

Yes :D but I meant how you use it in practice? What do you expect from the interface to do?
Vojtech

I need to use at least 4 Fingers most likely and in some case about 6 Fingers at once to adjust buttons (Knobs, sliders...) at once on the Touchscreen, to find the sweet spot of/and the relation between the used buttons. Best example would be the EQ's, where I could adjust at least 4 to 6 Bands at once, but this is useful for all the other plugins as well, like Mmorph - most likely those, where relevant buttons are close together already. For them I wouldn't even think of starting to build a Hardware mapping, which costs much more time.

Just grabbing those knobs and doing the magic...that's as fast as it should be, like in the old days of hardware/analog studios hehe. :love:

So it is about accessing multiple controls at once, that's all, correct? I was afraid that you want some crazy combos like 3 fingers => rotate the view :D.
Vojtech

hm...you made me think about it...
...could you make it so, that my monitor turns around with three fingers?
Then I'll put a needle on it and scratch away :phones: :phones: :phones:

Hehe, the access of multiple controls via touchscreen will be perfect. :tu:
(I wanna get over the old mouse-days) :hihi:

Hehe ok :D you got me initially scared :D
Vojtech

Sorry, didn't intend to do that....but now I know how to use that on Helloween! :cry: :borg: :hihi:

I decided to go for Windows 10 now, 7 had some touchscreen issues as it doesn't seam to be advanced enough on that field. I'm not sure, if you need to set 10 Finger touch free on your Plugins under Win10, or if it is built in for everything. Havn't used Win10 before.
Initially I thought 10 Finger touch is a Windows problem like it provides one Finger touch as well (Mouse).
So I hope Win10 might do the trick already...not sure here, but I guess every program has at least to be set to accept 10 fingers.

It's sort of a complex problem actually, but that would be a longer story :).
Vojtech

hehe, well at least here my latest test result:
I'm on the new set now (Win10/S1)
S1 and Presonus plugins are fully capable of 10 Finger adjustment, feels nearly as good as expected.
Good enough for fast production work in the Studio.
MeldaPlugins still at one Finger per Function. Most other plugins are sadly.

Return to “MeldaProduction”