All MeldaProduction effects and MPowerSynth updated to 9.22, MDrummer to 6.04 and MPhatik released

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

next update is here ;). This is an important update and comes with several new improvements, features and some fixes. It is recommended to install this update. To do that, get the newest version from MeldaProduction download page and use it.

Additionally MPhatik, a unique combination of dynamics restoration, amp, convolution and compressor, has been released. It is free for MTotalBundle and MMixingBundle users and now available for an introductory price. It has been added to MXXX and MPowerSynth as well.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

See the list of changes for effects and list of changes for MPowerSynth for further information:
http://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/ ... otalBundle
http://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/ ... PowerSynth
http://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/ ... t=MDrummer
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

So is MPhatik a.... FFT saturator? (how to restore dynamic? internal Dry wet?) (with I guess a leveler to even output level)

I dont understand otherwise

I dont think it's FFT based and it's focus isn't saturation. It's primarily a continuous level matcher.

Lets take an example, say you saturate something really heavily in some random plugin... it sounds the way you want but the saturation has flattened all the dynamics so it's just a block. This plugin can recreate the dynamics of the original source. In this case, we'd place Phatik after the saturation, take the original (pre-saturation) signal and pass it to the side chain of Phatik. Then the top most part of Phatik controls how the dynamics are reintroduced... specifically the 'Dynamics' control.

That's the core idea of this plugin, but given that melda already have a bunch of tools that could benefit from this approach of recreating the original dynamics, Vojtech has included saturation, compression and convolution into the plugin... so you can, for example, compress the signal right down to something really nasty... but then reintroduce the original dynamics... all without leaving the one single plugin.

The key thing with these level matching plugins that differentiate them from standard dynamics tools, is that they COMPARE the side chain and input signal... so as a result can both increase and decrease the gain, as it very much depends on what both signals are doing at any one time.

Hope that makes sense.

Can someone explain the use case for the new features in the loudness analyser please? I dont remember who or why the new features were requested and would like to know if there's some cool reason. Thanks!

:tu:

Thanks!

Please make the colorization colors customizable (I really don't like the green).
Play it by ear

The convolution module in MPhatik sounds really weird. If you disable all other modules and set Dynamics to zero, and you compare the sound to MMBConvolution (e.g. any of the Hauptwerk churches) it sounds a lot different. MPhatik sounds mono-ish, phasy, simply strange. Shouldn't it basically sound the same?

pheeleep wrote:Thanks!

Please make the colorization colors customizable (I really don't like the green).
It all depends on the style and main colours used. The green (and the others) can be toned down by darkening the "Background" colour is many cases.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

vectorwarrior wrote:Can someone explain the use case for the new features in the loudness analyser please? I dont remember who or why the new features were requested and would like to know if there's some cool reason. Thanks!
Essentially they are to ensure that the reference level is clearly displayed (amongst other things, to reassure clients). The Limit is the amount above the reference level before the meters go red

The full discussion is here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=460241
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

If MPhatik can do this:
First add some heavy distortion/clipping.
Then strongly lowpass that down to 160 Hz.
And after that apply a (envelope follower) to make sure the dynamics of the generated bass
is the same as the original audio signal.

And additionally having a knob to adjust the volume level of the newly generated bass.
Then it's a bass generator or exciter.

I think this is the first time I don't get the idea behind a Melda plugin :ud:

Vojtech, please explain (in detail, if time permits) what MPhatic is meant for - what's the idea behind it..?

::
Mads

mljung wrote:I think this is the first time I don't get the idea behind a Melda plugin :ud:

Vojtech, please explain (in detail, if time permits) what MPhatic is meant for - what's the idea behind it..?

Mads
Have you read the manual yet? There are 3 case examples written by the big man himself.
Also vector warrior explains it well above.
Another example that may help:
Let's say you have a snare that you have spent a while getting just the right attack and release. It sits well in the mix with it's tail exactly that length, no longer, no shorter.
You like the sound of reverb on your snares, but when you apply reverb to the snare, it changes the length of the tail. So you have therefore changed the dynamics of the snare.
Well MPhatik can save you here.
It can restore the original dynamics of the snare after the reverberation process.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote:
mljung wrote:I think this is the first time I don't get the idea behind a Melda plugin :ud:

Mads
Have you read the manual yet? There are 3 case examples written by the big man himself.
Also vector warrior explains it well above.
Another example that may help:
Let's say you have a snare that you have spent a while getting just the right attack and release. It sits well in the mix with it's tail exactly that length, no longer, no shorter.
You like the sound of reverb on your snares, but when you apply reverb to the snare, it changes the length of the tail. So you have therefore changed the dynamics of the snare.
Well MPhatik can save you here.
It can restore the original dynamics of the snare after the reverberation process.
Thanks for trying to help. No I haven't read the manual, but I will - must admit I forgot there would already be one... :roll: :oops:

Mads

Is anyone else finding that the information panel for multiparameters is always minimized? It's a pain when you want to delete multiparameters as you need to delete the name
multi.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jedinhopy wrote:If MPhatik can do this:
First add some heavy distortion/clipping.
Then strongly lowpass that down to 160 Hz.
And after that apply a (envelope follower) to make sure the dynamics of the generated bass
is the same as the original audio signal.

And additionally having a knob to adjust the volume level of the newly generated bass.
Then it's a bass generator or exciter.
It should be able to do that fairly easily if I'm understanding things correctly. Just, copy your bass part to a new track. Use Mbandpass to low pass it. Add Mphatic and use the distortion and compression to taste. Use the original bass signal as the side chain and it should work.

I'm excited to use this as a drum enhancer in MXXX. Add Mnoise and Mphatic to track. Have a snare going into the side chain of emphatic and you have instant 80s snare trick. The same thing can be done with MOsc and bass drums.

Now that I've tried this plugin I'm starting to like it. It's great for gated drum sounds and parallel compression style sounds. You can instantly make acoustic drums sound huge without sacrificing dynamics.

Return to “MeldaProduction”