MDrummer AAX 32bit issues..

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

MDrummer trial here with Pro Tools 10.3.10 (non HD) on a MacPro2.1 running Mac OS 10.6.8 and it is GREAT, but .. there are a few problems.

First and the most important - when ontroled by midi notes Mdrummer is slightly out of sync which results in notes overlapping and hence flanging. It seems like playback triggers several times. That doesn't happen if using Mdrummer via rewire hosted by Plogue Bidule.

Second - dragging midi from Mdrummer to PT doesn't work directly but does well to finder. I can quicklook then resulting midi file via quicktime engine with no problem but PT does not accept it. It is possible to get it fixed by opening and resaving in Midikit app.

I'll report more if any.

Cheers.

Hi,

I'll check the first thing, but first please tell me exactly what you mean - are you saying that one note sounds as 2?

As for the second, from your description I'm pretty sure it's one of the problems in PT I'm afraid, nothing we can do.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi,

Ok, right - one note sounds as being triggered twice, there's a distinct flanging effect. I will do audio tommorow from my studio.
Setting my RME Fireface's buffer size from 512 to 1024 seems to improve things - I hear less frequent flanging.
What's interesting - if the note on a midi/instrument track which supposed to control Mdrumer is muted in the key editor it is still triggers the pattern when mouse clicked (audition enabled).. {EDIT: ok, nothing wrong with that, sorry, this is "by design" and works the same for all midi instruments]

As to the midi file issue - I agree this must be a PT problem but other plugins does midi dragging pretty well for some reason.. Motu BPM for instance.

Thanks for your help.

Hi there, did you find out anything about the flanging? If not, please send me some testing PT project (just create something microscopic and send it to me via info@meldaproduction.com).
As for the drag & drop - there's probably some error with PT's MIDI support and it doesn't like something in our MIDI files, despite these are pretty trivial. Nothing to do on our end I'm afraid. But you are using a pretty old version, perhaps new version have it fixed.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi Vojtech,

Sorry it took me a while... I've made a few audio samples with different H/W Buffer Size. Interesting, it seems the smallest 32 samples buffer works best while largest 1024 results in some notes not being playing.. With others you can hear a distinct flanging.

I've sent you a dropbox link on email with all the files. I've included also the midi files and a small video showing the Avid Strike midi drag'n'drop which is running fine within the same host (it seems involves a temporary midi file creation as you can see from video)

Thanks!
Andrei

Return to “MeldaProduction”