MTurboComp

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tested the mstressor preset against the emperical Labs arouser, Vojtech great job, the Sound is in the same ballpark, maybe better:-)))

Svama wrote:Tested the mstressor preset against the emperical Labs arouser, Vojtech great job, the Sound is in the same ballpark, maybe better:-)))
Thank you!

As for the AGC - true! The problem is, it actually that it works, but it doesn't change the multiparameter that is associated to the output gain... not sure how to deal with it...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

You've fixed it and it seems to work, great.

Once again, Vojtech hits it out of the park. MTurboComp is another fantastic Melda plug. I think it will be an essential purchase.

As an MTotal license holder I feel completely spoiled!

Thank you so much! :tu: :love: :hyper:

If people are interested in reading more about many of the compressors replicated in turbo comp, sound on sound has a great article about classic compressors

http://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/ ... ompressors

Thank you folks! :love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Will the fatso compressor (empirial labs) be included as a preset as well?
-PC: Threadripper gen3 3200, 128Gig RAM, Windows 10/64bit, SDD HDs, RME UCX, Geforce GTX 1050Ti, Reason 12, Wavelab9, MTotalBundle, 2 Acer Touchscreens-

Great job Melda! I recently bought Hornet multi comp plus you are making my latest plugins obsolete!! I also bought another one wich will probably be obsolete next update (SSShhhh it's a secret!! ;-) ) Spoiled MXXX user rant over.

If other compressors are planed in the future, a Meve 33609 would be awsome also ! Especially with the extra Melda goodies added...hey hey !!
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Wow! Just tried MTurboComp on a drum track which I wasn't too pleased with and it has added just the right snap or attack on the drums and made it much more clear and present. Kind of the missing link.
This new compressor is indeed promising! :love:

Vojtech

Hi! I need some help here. Trying to follow the instructions on page 10 in the manual:

"2. Use the Gain In knob to set the input level to som reasonable value if needed"

When I do this the plugin immediately starts to compensate so the level is always "fixed" which also shows on the IN Meter. Is this how it's supposed to behave? Twisting the IN knob only reflects in the OUT, LU and R meters. There is probably something I'm just not getting in my thick scull about this so if anyone would explain it I'd appreciate it!

Cheers!

mikzak wrote:Hi! I need some help here. Trying to follow the instructions on page 10 in the manual:

"2. Use the Gain In knob to set the input level to som reasonable value if needed"

When I do this the plugin immediately starts to compensate so the level is always "fixed" which also shows on the IN Meter. Is this how it's supposed to behave? Twisting the IN knob only reflects in the OUT, LU and R meters. There is probably something I'm just not getting in my thick scull about this so if anyone would explain it I'd appreciate it!

Cheers!
Well the 'in meter' will not change as it is before the 'in knob' however you should be able to hear the level change. I guess maybe you have the AGC button on?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote:
mikzak wrote:Hi! I need some help here. Trying to follow the instructions on page 10 in the manual:

Cheers!
Well the 'in meter' will not change as it is before the 'in knob' however you should be able to hear the level change. I guess maybe you have the AGC button on?
Aaahhhh... Yes, it was the AGC... :oops: Thanks for answering!

Yes, the meters are the completely first and last items in the chain. Sometimes it's not so advantageous, it could be nice to have it processed by gain in, but sadly it is how it is, technical issues :).
Vojtech

Just bought this great compressor. While I have found the great benefit of using MTurboComp on drums I think it will take quite some time, learning and experimentation to get to really know this very deep compressor — which I will do!
However, an in dept video tutorial would be really great, showing different applications of use, like the settings or which preset to use on various instruments, on the master bus and for mastering.

One question I have is this: I've used MDynamicsLimiter so far for mastering, or should we say post treatment, in order to cut peaks and thereby be able to raise the volume to achieve a reasonable amount of loudness. This will keep the dynamics in the track since all I do is raising the level and quiet parts will still have the same dynamic relation to the louder parts, right? Why and how would I use MTurboCompressor then? If I use a compressor with extreme settings it will squash everything together and I loose the dynamics so I should use it more subtly of course. Could you guys please say something about how I would use it and exactly why? Apart from enriching the sound by saturation, would I use it for a more subtle compression and to glue the mix together? I would like to understand the processes and why we would compress in this way and not that way etc. I'll read the "Compression & expanding tutorial" meanwhile :D

Would be great to hear your comments!

Return to “MeldaProduction”