Does MPowerSynth feature a Audio Input?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

as the title says.

Is it possible to route audio to MPowerSynths' Fx section?

No, it doesn't have an audio in. MXXX would be for that.

Thanks

Using MPowerSynth inside MXXX, would I be able to send audio to MPSs' fx section?

No, I guess? So there's no way using MPSs' fx outside MPS? And I'd have to buy the fx again which are available with MPS?

TabSel wrote:Thanks

Using MPowerSynth inside MXXX, would I be able to send audio to MPSs' fx section?

No, I guess? So there's no way using MPSs' fx outside MPS? And I'd have to buy the fx again which are available with MPS?
You are correct, yes. If you could run audio through it would destroy Meldas pricing. As you would almost get all the FX fir just the price of MPS
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

TabSel wrote:Thanks
No
So there's no way using MPSs' fx outside MPS? And I'd have to buy the fx again which are available with MPS?
Yes that's true. I mean, if you could use all of MPS's effects on any audio material, the price would be ridiculous, because it's basically equivalent to MTotalBundle. Hence the restriction to a use within MPS only.

MXXX also contains all the FX in MPowersynth so there is no point to routing audio to it.

If you'd use MXXX and MPowerSynth inside it, there's no point of using MPowerSynth's FX section as that one is just limited MXXX ;). So you can do it in MXXX directly (whatever you want to do).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Are there things you can do with the standalone MPowerSynth that you can't do with it in MXXX?

I own MXXX but not the standalone synth, so would buying the synth actually give me anything extra? other than of course just having to instantiate it in an audio track in my DAW and sending midi to it rather than running it in a midi/synth track?

Paulnz wrote:Are there things you can do with the standalone MPowerSynth that you can't do with it in MXXX?
Standalone MPowersynth has 2542 automatable parameters, MXXX does not.

pone wrote:
Paulnz wrote:Are there things you can do with the standalone MPowerSynth that you can't do with it in MXXX?
Standalone MPowersynth has 2542 automatable parameters, MXXX does not.
Yes this is true. However it is far outweighed by the fact that MPS inside MXXX gives access to 100 multiparameters and 16 modulators (as opposed to 8 and 8). So you could automate up to 100 parameters at once, would you really need to automate 2542 at one time?
Then there is the fact that MXXX includes more FX than MPS.

Paulnz wrote: would you really need to automate 2542 at one time?
Absolutely

pone wrote:
Paulnz wrote: would you really need to automate 2542 at one time?
Absolutely
Ha ha ha, nice. I would love to hear that :hihi:

I think pretty much all hosts would choke on that :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Jokes aside, it's useful for example such simple things as removing harmonics from the oscilators that would otherwise interfere in a unpleasant way ("beating"). The first 64 harmonics in each of the 3 oscilators in a native powersynth instance can be automated.

Got it, but I must say, I (and most other lazy people :D ) depend on some quick workflow and automating 64 harmonics definitely isn't.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”