Question about updating EQ

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Somewhere along the the line i stopped updating MDynamicEQ. Currently i'm using v7.09.

The thing is, i have customized the colors and analyzer very much to my liking. If i update to the latest version will all my settings remain?

I also wonder if between v7 and v10 there's a difference in memory usage and CPU usage? The sound quality i guess is the same.

Thanks for any help.

It 'should' be the same, I've never noticed a change. You really should update though, there's some big and pretty awesome changes since v7. You might not notice a big difference in MDynamicEQ specifically, but some additional features for example there's some new EQ types and better dynamic options for starters.

I reckon that the style and colours will change but it should not be too much work to recreate something similar. But, take a few screenshots of the v7 windows before you install the new version.

v7 was back in 2013 wasn't it?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes v7 is pretty old now. It's my goto EQ for almost any situation and i'm a bit scared to update to be honest. But it's very tempting with the new eq types and improved dynamic options!

I already took a screenshot! Right now i'm searching for it's preferences files etc, so that i can do a rollback if need be. (Win 7)

Thanks for your help guys.

Well, the styles have definitely changed. But first of all, you may find the new ones better, and anyway style shouldn't be such a big deal.
As for settings, there should be almost 100% backwards compatibility. And there have definitely been lots of improvements. Anyways you can always get the old version back.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi Vojtech, is there a way to have both versions installed? If i rename the old dll like "MDynamicEq_7.dll", and then install the new version?
(Win 7)

I'm afraid it probably won't work. But again, there's no need to, it would only make mess on your computer. Just get the newest version, try to be openminded, and I'm sure you'll like it far more than the old one ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok i see :)

Thanks!!

Hey Vojtech, last question. Will all my presets for v7 be saved and usable in the latest version?

Thanks again all.

I haven't updated my MStereoProcessor from version 5, lol.

I guess I have the same fear about incompatibility. I use it on every song and I don't want to remix over 30 songs.

Well, I keep very strong rules when it comes to backward compatibility, but it's hard to say how will it go when updating from v5 to v10 :D. It's like 5 years apart probably :D. But if there would be problems for any reason, you can always get the old installer and just use it. There shouldn't be any problems with anything (nor presets), but you know how it is with modern technology :D
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”