Selecting/editing multiple bands in MEqualizer/MAutoDynamicEQ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I asked for this feature about a year (or so) ago. I still hope it will come in the near future :wink:
:phones:

Just use a one that can do it :lol: Pro-Q is still my go-to neutral/clinical eq. Unbeatable.

@Arno2016
I get your point but I dont quite understand your anger. There are alsways two approaches in product design:
1) the company has a vision and based on that defines what the product looks and works like (not giving too much on the customers ideas). Apple was quite successful with that approach, and this approach more likely leads to revolutionary products
2) the company designes the product based on customer ideas and wishes, which has two main problems: First customer wishes often contradict each other and second this approachs seldom lead to revolutionary new developements (as stated above).

Of course, to a certain extent, a mixture of both is possible...

Arno2016 wrote:I always thought the customers determine the product features and not the producer. Unbelievable! (...)
What came to my mind is:
1. I see FR just as ideas a developer can get inspiration from, while ...
2. ... the products are still creations of the dev itself. Commonly most devs (and Vojtech as well) DO respect all the FRs and implements them, if the ideas are good and if they have time and resources for it, since it determines the size of the userbase somehow.

In this special case I understand Vojtech like this: the idea is not that bad, but there are more important things to do right now. I would not like to be in Vojtechs position, honestly, hehe. He probably has to do a LOT of stuff especially right now, where v11 is coming up!

And if you do not like the GUI, wait for v11 or choose another tool - nobody is forcing you to use Meldaproduction tools. I bet even Vojtech would say it.

And if you do not like the transfer fee, you seriously should rethink this "lifetime free update" system and ask yourself whether this is fair for the dev on the other site ...
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

I think the problem is that from the beginning everyone could write to melda: do this, do that, there's a plugin could you do it for free? And he just did it. Now he doesn't and the customers don't feel taken seriously anymore. And then they have to deal with bullshit answers like: if you have many bands you'll probably overdo it anyways. Then why does MEqualizer have 6 bands and not just 3 or 2?

Besides the frustration I completely agree that multiple selection is a very handy feature and I use it very often with, well the many eqs that can do it :D Just select 2 bands and change the gain by .5db or 1. Or change the Q of 3 bands by some amount, shift them up by a couple of hertz (which is a pita to do in every single band because of the relation between the bands and the log frequency scale) or whatever. It speeds up workflow. There is a reason why customers choose the same plugins over and over again.

AlphaCodex and Tagirijus: Exactly! :clap:

I'll think about the multiselection again, but you know how it is...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Alphacodex wrote:@Arno2016
I get your point but I dont quite understand your anger. There are alsways two approaches in product design:
1) the company has a vision and based on that defines what the product looks and works like (not giving too much on the customers ideas). Apple was quite successful with that approach, and this approach more likely leads to revolutionary products
2) the company designes the product based on customer ideas and wishes, which has two main problems: First customer wishes often contradict each other and second this approachs seldom lead to revolutionary new developements (as stated above).

Of course, to a certain extent, a mixture of both is possible...
Each company in the world wants to succeed in business. (The success of Apple was either a coincidence or a good sense. Nothing special, this happens all the time.) A vision is a good thing and a good starting point for Innovations, no question. So if Vojtech wants to realize his Vision (whatever it is), allright he should do it! He have to make the decision if he wants to make succeed in business or live his selfish vision.

I can only speak for myself, If I would create plugins, I would do it for the people not for my ego, the money follows. And I would listen to them, what they really want and what not. It´s called "marketing".

My concern is the attitude of Vojtech, it´s more an human thing. He simply ignores the wish of an friendly customer. Vojtech wants to determine for us what is important and what not, no matter what we think or want.I don´t like that.
Why don´t he simply programming the feature of editing multiple bands and that´s it.
I don´t think that is very difficult for a experienced programmer like him.

Moreover, the plugin market is currently pretty saturated, prices fall and if you want to suceed (or better survive) in the market you have to make innovativ plugins and not driving customers away.
As I said above it´s a decision that Vojtech has to make, not mine. I don´t care if he succeed or not, it´s not my business.
Anyway, my decision´s been made. I´m not interested in products from Melda. End of story.

Arno2016, the problem is you seem to feel like you know what is "needed" and worse yet, how hard it is. You also seem to somehow apply some kind of vision of my personality based on the fact that I don't want to implement a feature request, again based only on assumptions.

As you know, I have implemented more features, than any other developer, maybe even combined :D, so you probably should figure out that if I deny something, I have a reason for it. I receive like a dozen FRs every day, so if I'd implement everything, we wouldn't move forward, the plugins would became a huge packs of contradicting features, and if I'd have to explain by detail every reason for denying something, there would be no development time left, so... :D

Yep, Melda customers have become a little bit too spoiled :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Arno2016 wrote: or live his selfish vision.
That's your subjective vision of Vojtech. To me he is everything else but selfish.

Arno2016 wrote: I can only speak for myself, If I would create plugins, I would do it for the people not for my ego, the money follows. And I would listen to them, what they really want and what not. It´s called "marketing".
I believe one would rather make plugins in an experimental context than "just for other people", when not speaking of money. Behind every action is a motivation - and maybe I am a bit misanthropic here, but: I do not believe in the endless kindness of people-to-people interaction. According to my point of view every human being wants something in order to suit itself in the first place. Survival of the fittest and stuff. But again: maybe it's rather misanthropic now ... or naive. Who knows. :D To me it's just natural and I think one should not take it personally.

Arno2016 wrote: He simply ignores the wish of an friendly customer.
Again: I did not experience Vojtech act this way. He seems always to at least listen to the userbase and just decides his next moves. He does not totally ignore the wishes. But maybe I understand your statement wrong here and you meant with "ignoring" rather something like "he does not implement the FRs"? In this way ...

Arno2016 wrote: Vojtech wants to determine for us what is important and what not, no matter what we think or want.I don´t like that.
... I have to say that I trust Vojtech and I see him as a very good developer. Just some points which came to my mind thinking about this: his tools are incredible versatile, innovative and the support is very fast. Often times he even answers mails after hours or days at most. I would keep this in mind when thinking about the implementation of FRs, since ...
Arno2016 wrote: Why don´t he simply programming the feature of editing multiple bands and that´s it.
I don´t think that is very difficult for a experienced programmer like him.
... he probably has an extremely huge todo list all the time. Whether it's difficult to implement or not is not me to guess. I do not know the framework he created or how plugin developement really works. Do you? At leats I can imagine that it's very difficult already, without thinking about the already complex melda-framework he created. But again: it's not me to guess, since I am not that into programming. I am just some hobby coder at most. ;)
Arno2016 wrote: Moreover, the plugin market is currently pretty saturated, prices fall and if you want to suceed (or better survive) in the market you have to make innovativ plugins and not driving customers away.
I would see this innovation in Meldaproduction tools already and not in a single feature, which (like already stated in this thread) already exists in many other tools, like it seems.
Arno2016 wrote: Anyway, my decision´s been made. I´m not interested in products from Melda. End of story.
Good for you. Why that speech after all then? :(
(And I am not even sure why I am writing this as well! :D)

And by the way: some could appreciate that Vojtech even answers such posts after all. I experienced some companies which do not even reply a thing. :scared:
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Ha, and it will work after all, probably ;) . But it's madness... no controls remain to be used with all the autolistens and stuff, and what am I going to do with multitouch, that I really don't know... we'll see...
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Arno2016, the problem is you seem to feel like you know what is "needed" and worse yet, how hard it is. You also seem to somehow apply some kind of vision of my personality based on the fact that I don't want to implement a feature request, again based only on assumptions.

As you know, I have implemented more features, than any other developer, maybe even combined :D, so you probably should figure out that if I deny something, I have a reason for it. I receive like a dozen FRs every day, so if I'd implement everything, we wouldn't move forward, the plugins would became a huge packs of contradicting features, and if I'd have to explain by detail every reason for denying something, there would be no development time left, so... :D.
Vojtech, first of all I have to say that I adore the work of programmers like you, seriously.
You could change the world with innovative plugins for musicians or producers like me.

But please don´t try to tell me what I really need for my work or not.
I know excactly what I need and this little feature is a very handy one. I don´t know if it´s hard to programm it or not. That´s not my business!
And I don´t know why you implement so much features. Who needs it?

If you have not enough time for programming, my advice, let someone else do the communication.

Vojtech, I don´t know what your vision is all about or if you have one at all. All I see is ignorance.
I am so upset because unfortunately I own the MautodynamicEQ and I too miss the multiple bands editing and also a linear phase option. Tbh the only reason for buying it at that time was the dynamic EQ feature.
Meanwhile many manfacturers offering it and I don´t need it anymore. I´d like to sell the EQ but your unfair transfer fee policy (20% of the original price, very clever!) makes it hard to do, because I would lost to much money. (Perhaps I will give it away for free one day.)

So my only hope is you improve the plugin one day but it doesn´t look like that.
Instead of that you´re creating permanently new plugins (f.e the MTurboReverb).
It´s a great benefit for you but not for me.
The MautoDymanicEQ could be the greatest plugin on earth but with your attitude it won´t.

I know in this thread are a lot of fanboys from you and no matter what I say they will say the opposite and try to bash me. However, I don´t care. I have my point of view if anyone like it or not. And I won´t justify myself for it any longer. It leads us nowhere.

Vojtech, consider it as an opportunity to improve your work and products. That would be fine.

Arno2016 wrote: And I won´t justify myself for it any longer.
I hope this is true, ha ha.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Can this thread die now?

...please...
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

+1 close the thread ...

Tagirijus.de

Return to “MeldaProduction”