FR - MMultiBandDelay - Increased Delay Time

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

MMultiBandDelay is a pretty sweet delay unit, but the delay time is restricted to only 500ms !

FR - Increase available ms range from 0 to 2000ms

Cheers
NBIAR

Unfortunately this won't happen. See this thread (link). I think there even exists another thread with this FR. You still can use the melda delay inside MXXX with up to 10 seconds of delay and you can also use the synced delay for longer delays. ;)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

This is the other thread -viewtopic.php?f=138&t=471223&p=6580671& ... s#p6580671

So 'backward compatibility thing' isn't much of an explanation :roll:

I'll look into Mxxx (core). I don't own it, and an extra 99EUR for some extra ms seems a little steep... meh

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up

Cheers
NBIAR

Yeah this really bother me as well!
I really like this plugin otherwise but I find myself constantly butting up against this limit in production, and then I have to scrap everything and open another plugin to get it done.
I don't buy the backward compatibility reason at all, and In my opinion 500ms is Waaaaaay to short for a maximum delay time on a delay plugin. I don't think I have come across any others at all with such a short max delay time.

Make it longer Pretty Please Melda!
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Sorry, it just isn't possible.

What is backwards compatibility - simple, many many people already use this in their projects. If I would change the range, they would loose their settings! Well, not really, depending on what would they do - static settings are fine, but whenever you attach a modulator/multiparameter to the delay length, or automate it, you are doomed. And that just won't happen.

If you need more, just use MXXXCore or synchronization.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Sorry, it just isn't possible.

What is backwards compatibility - simple, many many people already use this in their projects. If I would change the range, they would loose their settings! Well, not really, depending on what would they do - static settings are fine, but whenever you attach a modulator/multiparameter to the delay length, or automate it, you are doomed. And that just won't happen.

If you need more, just use MXXXCore or synchronization.
Got it, and thanks for the better explanation 8)

You should just create a MMultiModernBandDelay or MMultiBandDelay2 etc. which doesn't have that limitation. Personally I don't want to open MXXX for a delay of 1 second. I guess it must not be so much work, no ? :)

Wanterkeelt wrote:You should just create a MMultiModernBandDelay or MMultiBandDelay2 etc. which doesn't have that limitation. Personally I don't want to open MXXX for a delay of 1 second. I guess it must not be so much work, no ? :)
There will probably be a MTurboDelay
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote:
Wanterkeelt wrote:You should just create a MMultiModernBandDelay or MMultiBandDelay2 etc. which doesn't have that limitation. Personally I don't want to open MXXX for a delay of 1 second. I guess it must not be so much work, no ? :)
There will probably be a MTurboDelay
That's actually true :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

That's great :)

perhaps would a "multiply" parameter for the delay time keep backward compatibility?

a new parameter with for example the range 1x-20x could be squeezed in some where, default would be 1x. It may still display 500ms as the max if necessary, but the multiply parameter would increase the actual time.

Sorry, that would only lead to further confusion...
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”