FR:MTurboEQ

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to try my hand at creating some presets for MTurboEQ but there is no edit screen available!
I was looking at using frequency responses from analogue tape machines as the basis for an EQ for colouration and saturation. The graphs are available at endino.com/graphs if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
werzel

I have to admit I was a little disappointed with MTurboEQ for this reason. Don't get me wrong it sounds great and I use it a lot. But I really wanted it to be like MTurboComp and MTurboReverb and have a super powerful edit screen under the hood.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Hehe yeah, I know, but you know, this would be too easy to "hack" and wouldn't bring too much improvement really.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

What if the edit screen is available only for newly created curves. So nobody can "hack" your presets, but they would still be able to play with their settings. Doesn't know if that makes sense as I haven't tried out MTurboEQ myself.

Masi

Sorry, way too complex and would bring so many issues...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:20 pm Sorry, way too complex and would bring so many issues...
Hi, and what about adding an eq graph? Only as graphical reference, the possibility to tweak the frequencies via the graph wouldn't be even needed. I just did get used to with other similar plugins.
Last chance

I think inside mturboeq you just could rebuild the curves, but never the saturation behaviour, cause it’s always the same inside mturboeq. Beside that, mturboeq is just one of the regular melda equalizier under the hood.
The curves of mturboeq aren’t that big secret, just take plugindoctor and you can see every curve of mturboeq. I don’t own the real hardware, but other plugin recreations and curves are really different, but does it matter in the end. I don’t know?!
But long term short, try to recreate inside mxxx with mequalizier and msaturator afterwards, so you are much more flexible in recreation.

Hi, it's not my intention to rebuild EQ's etc. I just like to have a graphical reference while mixing :)
Last chance

For me that would fail the intention of these eqs. Prefer mixing by ear instead of eye.

Yes, this is a question of preference, see my both upper posts ;)
Last chance

Hm, then use one of the other melda eqs with a graph. If you don’t want to rebuild. The curves are no holy magic.

Vojtech, is it a problem to add a volume output knob? Actually I´m using the set agc button, but this doesn´t work always and takes time, an output volume knob would be a workflow improvement.

It might be a rather stupid question, who knows, but: what's wrong with using the input gain knob instead, Svama? I mean: it's no dynamic EQ anyway, right? ... or am I missing something here? :D
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

I’ve asked this myself, but this way it should change the behaviour of the saturation. Am I wrong?!

Ah, maybe. Depends wether the "backend"-saturation is dynamic driven, I guess. Otherwise saturation is basically "just harmonic distortion", right?

Just writing some quick thoughts only here! In the end I absolutely do not know what's going on under the hood of MTurboEQ, hehe.
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Return to “MeldaProduction”