Mdrummer trigger feature?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Is there a trigger feature implemented? Or is mdrumenhancer the only solution by melda for this kind of drum processing? I use reagate (problem here, no different velocities) inside reaper for drum triggering, but would be nice to have it all in the box, something like slate trigger inside mdrummer. Ask this already some time ago, but don't know what happened until today. Maybe I wanna change my superior drummer vs mdrummer large.

Thanks and greets,
Marek

Hi Marek,

it's not even planned anymore I'm afraid. Not that it would be such a big deal, but it's just far better to use an offline solution in the host, Cubase for instance has a great detector, and that will always be better than a plugin solution.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi Vojtech,

me asking again. After buying mdrummer yesterday I'll try it again. Maybe you can add a feature like tracker of superior drummer 3. It analyze the audio and converts it into midi. It's an offline process, like you prefer it. After analyzing the audio you can use it inside the rhythm editor and change it to your likes and use the drum sounds you like.
Thanks and greets

Checkout Audiofront Dsp trigger as an alternative. Or as you mentioned yourself, Superior Drummer 3. It’s two different ways of triggering samples.

It's not that I can't do it with reaper, but I prefer it fast and easy inside one tool.
Somebody know or uses Groove Extractor 2.
I'd like to have midi files for better post editing, like quantization.

Hi Marek,

I just noticed that there already is an audio to midi plugin in Reaper. Look in the JS plugins for "Audio to MIDI Drum Trigger". Maybe that is the best alternative?

Nicolai :-)

I use it already, but I like to get the midi data. It just triggers, but you don’t get a midi track.
I’d like to change the whole drumkit, also Hihat and cymbals. Quantization of kick drum and snare is no problem, but then it doesn’t fit with the overheads and room mics. Quantization of this is mostly impossible and hours of work. Now you can say change the drummer or make a new recording, but sometimes it’s not possible or doesn’t get better. Within midi you have much more possibilities like changing rhythm parts and also adding one shots.

If you put "JS:Audio to Midi Drum Trigger" on a new Reaper track, right click on the record button an choose "Record Output (MIDI)" Then you should be able to record the notes and perform quantization afterwards.

But i totally agree. It would be nice with better drum triggering and midi output support in Melda products. Especially now that MDrummer has gotten some great samples. It would be so cool if MDrummer would double as an e-drums "drum brain" for acoustic drums.

BTW i just purchased DrumsSSX. I do wish that Vojtech and Meldaproduction will develop a similar plugin someday, with all the Melda goodies. (I also own Zynaptiq UNMIX::DRUMS and Superior Drummer 3).

Thanks for that. I’ll try.
Does the tracker of sd3 work good?

Svama wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:59 am Does the tracker of sd3 work good?
Don’t know. It has been a long time since I’ve needed audio to midi triggering. I use SD3 for my edrums for which it works brilliantly.

Well, will see. I still have it on the todo list and since MDrumLeveler technically does just that, perhaps it could be implemented easily... we'll see. But one thing is certain, this will have latency and the accuracy will be limited of course.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”