So...melda?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have to throw in the most important thing here. CPU.
I have been making presets for MTurboReverb and just tried a mix using only MTurboReverb for reverb. Now all my presets are hi CPU usage as I am using 4 Late Reflections in parallel on all my presets.
I started with one reverb and just kept adding different presets for different instruments.
As I stacked on the the Reverbs I noticed that my CPU hardly changed. I ended up with 7 reverbs and very little CPU. I have tried to get rid of all other brand plugins to save CPU and find that I am now using 25% of the CPU I was using.
I have made my own Channel Strip and just put that on every channel and bus. This saves more CPU.
I noticed that the more different brand plugins you use the more CPU it takes.
Now the quality of Melda plugins has to be the best on the market and if you think other plugins sound better you are dreaming. MTurboEQ and MTurboComp are the best there is.
The only thing that was letting down the plugins for me was the reverb but with Version 11 that will be fixed.
I do not really like any of the Styles so I designed my own too look a bit SSL as I have spent so much of my life on an SSL (at least 25 years) having used API, Spectronics and Neves for my early career.
Don't complain about the styles, build your own. Not an easy task and if you can mix hit records you can do a style.
Spencer

Yes the actual reverb is a bit limited... so I'm also looking forward to V11. I also put a lot of hope into the new style that will be included, the previews look very good.

By the way: Do you share (or sell) your styles?

Cheers,
Codex

Interesting that we never get any other developer input on the melda line. I'd be interested to hear some renowned opinions on them.

Mostly we just are expected to take the devs word on it without any explanation or technical details other than these are the most innovative and best sounding products available. Even the MIT based experts at Izotope only want to steal his ideas. *rolls eyes.

Anyway, if they are the end all plugin line for you, then congrats. Many of us are not so lucky.

pekbro wrote:Interesting that we never get any other developer input on the melda line. I'd be interested to hear some renowned opinions on them.

Mostly we just are expected to take the devs word on it without any explanation or technical details other than these are the most innovative and best sounding products available. Even the MIT based experts at Izotope only want to steal his ideas. *rolls eyes.

Anyway, if they are the end all plugin line for you, then congrats. Many of us are not so lucky.
That's a +1000 for you! I could not have said it any better.

When thinking about Meldaproduction constantly bashing other developers, I have my doubts they'd give him any opinions or credit on his products and push his marketing strategy with that. They'll take it with humor :D

I'll add wise words from Game Of Thrones, someone said it in another thread: "A man who must say I am the king is no true king". That's my opinion to the best and superb sounding most versatile plugins on the market...

But who cares :shrug: The few ones that like them, will buy them. The others will stick wih the plugins they think are the best. Peace out :tu:

I can't understand the constantly critical posters. They may be right, but why are they then wasting their time in this forum? They should go make music and discuss in the plugin forums ("fora") they prefer. Or do they just like starting fights?

Squidsneeze wrote:Sorry to say, but it is the other way around with these. And at least with MDrumLeveler it is the same, too. Funny you especially picked the copied ones :wink: Just google for SoundRadix, HOFA, SampleMagic, ...
I agree that Melda often picks up on somebody else's ideas, as in the cases you mention. But then, without infringing any patent or copyright, Vojtech usually makes them better or less expensive. Unfortunately I bought some of the ancestors, but I much prefer MDrumLeveler, MAutoAlign, Mcompare, and so on.
That's my honest opinion, but yours may be different and that's ok.

Of course, I also enjoy many other non-Melda plugins. But I feel no need to start childish contests.

Didn't the HOFA plugins come out after MAutoDynamicEQ and MCompare was already out?

pumafred wrote:I can't understand the constantly critical posters. They may be right, but why are they then wasting their time in this forum? They should go make music and discuss in the plugin forums ("fora") they prefer. Or do they just like starting fights?
They can't make music neither dsp coding so what? :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

pumafred wrote:I can't understand the constantly critical posters. They may be right, but why are they then wasting their time in this forum? They should go make music and discuss in the plugin forums ("fora") they prefer. Or do they just like starting fights?
I'd be interested if they detailed out the issues they have with the Melda plugs ... actually it's the responses from experienced users I'd be more interested in.

As it stands now their complaints seem to be more of a general philosophical nature, with some harsh unsubstantiated accusations and overtones implied as well.

To address similarities they highlighted between some Melda products and pre-existing ones by other companies: there's no need for the posters to play Interpol or ICE intellectual property police. If copyrights are broken, the system addresses that. If not - use the product if you like it, don't if you don't! Make respectful suggestions if you want to improve it.

(I love MCompare, a great combination of two other plugs on the market, and much less inexpensive, than either iirc!).

In terms of recommendations: I'd like to see the tutorials written with less advanced users in mind. I'm not a dummy in my day job, but it's routinely eye-glazing for me to review the tutorials on, e.g., modulators, multiparameters, and the like.

I wonder, if "Underoath" is still reading this topic. He is the thread starter after all, hehe.

My experience with Meldaproduction: very good! I own everything from Meldaproductions and I use mainly (if not only most time) the melda plugins, especially for mixing and creative stuff. Most people already wrote good things and I hope it got clear that some things may be a matter of taste ("too many" vs. "luckily many" possibilities in the plugins, the GUI). I love to have the control of the tools I am using. In version 11 of the Meldaplugins there will be more and better structured easy screens - so keep this in mind, people. ;)

Regarding the copy-thing: I cannot tell if Melda copies idea or similar ... if so, I'd guess that pumafred is right: Melda probably makes the idea better with all the Melda-goodies already and maybe even under the hood of the tools (the first time I leanred this: MMultibandRhythmizer vs. Grossbeat for example. MMBRhythmizer offers not only filtering cuves as well, but also the tool on differnet bands simultaneously!).

Regarding the melda-dislikers in this forum: maybe it's good to see that people have different tastes. Otherwise it would be very creepy. :P ... but yeah, sometimes I also find it strange that they stick to this forum, while not liking the melda tools.

Edit: Whoa, I think one thing was not written here: the support. While using the Meldaproduction stuff you will get a very great support. Bugfixes in short time, fast and very nice responses, feature request acceptance, etc. Oh and even another thing as well: userfriendly copy protection. No dongle, no diffcult nor buggy online authentification, etc. I find these two points important as well.
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

+1 for the easy copy-protection

It sends cold shivers up and down my spine when I think of the day when my iLok and eLicenser dongles break. My current eLicenser is already over 14years old... how long do these things last anyway??

Alphacodex wrote:+1 for the easy copy-protection

It sends cold shivers up and down my spine when I think of the day when my iLok and eLicenser dongles break. My current eLicenser is already over 14years old... how long do these things last anyway??
Couldn't you just buy new empty dongles for cheap money and transfer the licenses?
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I dont know... Should be possible somehow. Maybe I'll call Steinberg support and ask them. I also read somehere that the first gen usb licenser can reduce cubase performane signifivpcantly, so it would be wise anyway...

Tagirijus wrote:Regarding the melda-dislikers in this forum: maybe it's good to see that people have different tastes. Otherwise it would be very creepy. :P ... but yeah, sometimes I also find it strange that they stick to this forum, while not liking the melda tools.
Agree on diversity of tastes. But there are a few who pop up once in a while who simply dislike Melda and/or Vojtech. They offer no useful criticism, IMHO.
Tagirijus wrote:Edit: Whoa, I think one thing was not written here: the support. While using the Meldaproduction stuff you will get a very great support. Bugfixes in short time, fast and very nice responses, feature request acceptance, etc.
Another related thing is this Forum. Very active participation by Vojtech, and friendly help from many knowledgeable and patient users. Big plus+!

(Before I come across as a Melda fanboy, let me say I probably know about 10% of what there is to know about these plugins, I am an amateur, and I also like other companies' plugins. There is room for many!)

Personally, I'm not trying to start anything. I've got both positive and negative opinions on the Melda line. These are exactly that, personal opinions. I specifically try to avoid casting a negative light on anyone's opinions, because I believe everyone should be open to them even if they do not share them.

Anyway, soon as I post them someone comes back and basically says anyone who doesn't think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, must be living in a fantasy world. (Basically)

I take offense to this and ask the difficult questions as I tend to do. Those questions being in line with the topic. If they are sooo good, why is it we rarely "if ever" hear that from the rest of the industry? Or even well known experts. Do you really believe that's because he's not friendly with them? I've seen folks like Urs or Sean Costello comment on competitive products positively many times.

Yet they are all silent or seemingly unaware of the Melda line. Amazing being that they are the greatest and most innovative ever.

Anyway, I'm at work now. Later I will present my thoughts on these plugins in more detail. As that's perfectly inline with the topic, and you folks asked so nicely.

-cheers

Return to “MeldaProduction”