Mrhythmizer

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I often use Mrhythmizer (Volume section) plugin for doing "side chain" effect on bass and pads, etc..

The click protection is alwas 100% but if the begining is 0% and the end is 100% it is always click.
Then I set up the end to lower to 0% as fast as possible but the end of beat is hearable going to silent before next beat coming.
So I share with you my ideas to improve this fantastic plugin, maybe it is interesting for others too...

1. Syncing time: phase option - or just a delay
2. Grid lines need to follow the swing parameter

Thank you for the feedback. Now what do you mean by the 0% in the beginning and 100% at the end? You mean time curves? In that case it entirely depends on the audio. Basically by doing that you create a total discontinuity and in these cases even the anticlick system may not be able to fix that, hard to say.

What do you mean by the syncing time? It sounds like you are looking for the Tempo parameter.

Swing and grid lines - I'm afraid that's a bit complex. Not impossible and stuff, but there's no development time for that right now I'm afraid.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi Vojtech!

Thank you your answer,

No I mean the VOLUME domain not the time.
Yes I mean volume 100% to 0% at the end of beat (repeating the curve from begining) - usualy I Use just 1 beat

Attack and release parameters can solve the click sound but the curve will be "lazy". (Attack and release parameters are time parameters and not possible to adjust their curve)

Tempo parameter is ok I found and very useful, but I mean sliding the overall (Time&Volume&Filter together ) effect in time back or forward. (syncing with the host, but delayed, or forwarded by miliseconds - like cubase track delay - or like other melda phase shift parameters - like Mautopan)

Then the attack & release are the solution I'm afraid. Basically it needs to be "lazy", otherwise you'd just create the discontinuity.

As for the syncing time - then I just don't get it, you just want a delay?? Why? And isn't the Scratch parameter what you want?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I think the Phase shift (in time) possibility is good enough to do "delay".

In my case as above is important to shift the time from the main sync, because I can't attach accurately the begin and the end inside the window to do a continuous curve.
It will be a creative option too if you have a complex curve, you can check how it sound the whole fx in another time in context.

Or selecting all points and move the whole curve to left or right with mouse, continuously - without collapsing at the left and right "walls" as now.

But phase (time) shifting option maybe better for the whole fx (time, volume, filter together)

The perfect solution is both - global phase shift, and you can shift the selected curve. :)

Hmmm, but I'm a bit confused here - what would delay help you with? I'm really struggling to understand what exactly you want and you want to achieve it. Perhaps some screen video? And repeating a question - isn't Scratch parameter exactly what you need? (it essentially does a delay)
Vojtech

Ok, I try to explain little bit clearly.

I want to do a fake sidechain on bass with an inserted Mrhythmizer.
For example I just do a 4 bar long loop.
The loop now just have a sub bass which is a long and continuous sinus.
Open the Mrhythmizer and I set the volume page.
Set the sequence length to 1
Switch off the "Snap to grid" options and set a curve for fake sidechain.
In the first (top left picture) case, the effect is in time but click is audible.
The second and third case (bottom plugins) there is no clipping BUT NOT IN IDEAL TIMING - this is the starting problem for me.

I would like to slide Mrhythmizer's start timing to timing the zero time (where is the DAW first bar begin) TO that black bezier control point on bottom pictures.

I can solve my issue with Mtremolo (top right picture) because there is possibility to slip that cycle in time (left mouse button and move) and there is a phase shift possibility too. The only thing is I can't move the cycle's start and end point vertically unless I switch it to sequencer mode and back.

So the idea is to add a similar slip or slide function to Mrhythmizer or a phase shift function. Because is also be useful for more complex curves like trance gates, you can slip the modification time on your synth track for example. I think a phase shift function will be great for this.

Now I tried the scratch function too. Yes it is do delay and it is for that. It is not easy because very little change do a lot of delay, and it is hard to achieve and see what happening exactly. And it is do "just" delay, you can't go forward with the cycle in time because it is for scratch. Of course. What numbers mean 0 to -8 values for scratch, Is it beats or seconds?

Sorry for my English, that is not perfect but I hope now is clear what I would like.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Well, I must say I'm not 100% sure I understand, but it's better :D. Anyways sadly this kind of transformation would be problematic, because the plugin is always in sync with the host and desyncing it is actually more complex than it looks, because both the tempo and signature can change at any moment.
But the idea with MTremolo looks good actually if that's all you need. To make sure you can make the curve shifted vertically, right click on the shape in MTremolo and disable normalization.
Vojtech

Ok, and can you change Mtremolo Custom shape possibilities for release locking left and right points? It is frustrate me and maybe others too I can't move vertically just after I touched the curve with sequencer.

It is intentionally done this way to avoid the discontinuity. But you can simply create another points at 0% and 100%.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”