Has MLimiter been renamed MSaturator?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MLimiter was never a limiter anyway, not really. Has it been appropriately named now?
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

Yes, it's in the changelist:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/

There should be no problems with most hosts, but some of the plugins have been renamed, and it's the host's responsibility to switch to the new plugin names. If your host fails to do that, try letting it rescan the plugins and restart it. It that won't help and your older projects won't load properly, please inform both us and your host developer. In these cases you can also keep version 10 installed along with version 11. Following name changes have been made:
MLimiter -> MSaturator
MDynamicsLimiter -> MLimiterX
MEqualizerLinearPhase -> MEqualizerLP
MAutoEqualizerLinearPhase -> MAutoEqualizerLP
MMultiBand*** -> M***MB (for example, MMultiBandAutopan -> MAutopanMB)

Bundles have been renamed as well, to make the name reflect that the bundles contain effect only:
MTotalBundle -> MTotalFXBundle
MCreativeBundle -> MCreativeFXBundle
MMasteringBundle -> MMasteringFXBundle
MMixingBundler -> MMixingFXBundle
MFreeEffectsBundle -> MFreeFXBundle

Oh wow, thanks for the info and sorry for failing to look it up myself. My comment was intended to be a congratulatory msg about Vojtech renaming the "limiter" appropriately, but after updating I see there are many changes.

First off the installer is much improved, especially if you have multiple VST folders. It crashes when trying to remove the previous AAX versions though. Manually deleting C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\MeldaProduction fixes the problem, but I assume permissions prevent that process from being written into the installer.

I guess I need to catch up. The new kernel GUI looks great on its own, but my custom presets for color settings don't quite have the effect they used to. Seems the background has a new name or something, so even after importing settings it has that purplish Manley color.
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

^^^^
The colour palettes (I think that is what you are referring to) may have a different effect in different styles - it depends on how the windows and panels backgrounds are defined in the Textured Style Editor. In which style were they OK and in which style do they look different? Screenshots, perhaps?

Meanwhile, have a good look through the list of changes: https://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/ :)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “MeldaProduction”