MXXX Feature Requests

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to suggest the following features.

1. When including a Filter module and using a multiparam to select the filter type, it would be very nice to be able to click on the easy screen control and get the filter selector window. Right now we just get a normal text editor, which in this case is of little use. You can go through the entire list of types in the normal way if it's a regular knob-type control, but there are too many filter types for this to be a very effective way to pick a filter type.

2. In the absence of access to the filter selector, I used a Banks-type MP and included a small number of filter types. I specified a drop-down selector for appearance on the easy screen. Right clicking does not seem to set the selection to the default, and it would be nice if it did.

Ok so:

1. Actually the easiest way is to use Banks mode and create as many banks as you need filter types, set their values and then use the Set value as name (or how is it called :) ). Then you can use selectors, switchers etc. and it could probably even create the menues. The bad part is of course the fact that you need to do that manually and for that waste number of filters it can be quite a pain, but you can probably do that just once and copy it every time you need it. It could be possible to do that automatically, the question is if it is worth the development...

2. I'm afraid that's how it works there. I'll think about it though. You used Switcher, right?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

First, yes I did use Switcher. But why should a Banks-type parameter not have a default value that can be gotten back to in the usual way?

As to the general request for the full menu - maybe there are just so many filter types that the typical user would be overwhelmed, so the menu would not be a good idea from that perspective anyway. So perhaps the Banks solution, offering a limited selection of filters, is a better way to go in the first place (and saving a preset of that for future reuse is an extremely good idea).

On the other hand, the default control type when used for filter type is intimidating to say the least, and having the generic text editor pop up for as the editor in that case type is totally useless, not to mention extremely confusing.

Anyway, I can certainly live with the Banks solution, so this isn't all that big a deal (but I really *would* like a "defaulter" capability).

Right-click already done ;).

As for the banks, I'd vote for the limited number of filters. It will then be less intimidating after all ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Right-click already done ;).
:tu: :tu: :tu:

Return to “MeldaProduction”