Linear phase EQ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi - does any Melda EQ have linear phase options?

I've been using another 3rd party EQ for linear phase in my parallel compression tracks in Cubase, now starting to use their own newly included linear phase EQ, but having a Melda version would be very nice ... are there currently Melda plugins with linear phaser option?

Thanks!

Yes. Just look on the Melda site, it's not hard to find.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Ok, sorry. I figured since their flagship EQ didn't have it ... but I should have checked.

I wonder if MAutoDynamicEQ will ever get linear phase in an upgrade?

I'm afraid not, dynamic equalization is rather complex and making it linear-phase is close to impossible, at least with reasonable audio quality and CPU requirements.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

alexis1 wrote:I should have checked.
Yes.

MeldaProduction wrote:I'm afraid not, dynamic equalization is rather complex and making it linear-phase is close to impossible, at least with reasonable audio quality and CPU requirements.
Thank you for your reply!

Perhaps undoable for technical reasons, but perhaps the plug-in might have two operational modes: a dynamic EQ mode as is now, and a "normal" EQ mode that has linear phase available?

I understand that may not be practical from any one of a number of reasons. I just love my MAutoDynamicEQ so much I'm looking for ways to use it even more!

Thanks -

Very practical - they are the LP editions of MEqualizer and MAutoEqualizer :)

And I have just copied and pasted the parameter settings (including a Multiparameter :o) from MAutoDynamicEq to MAutoEqualizerLP !

-----------------------------
PS Vojtech, can we have some more Multiparmeters in the equalizers?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes, it should work, but only partly, it cannot copy the dynamics, obviously :D.

As for more multiparameters, sorry that could be a bit of a problem for backwards compatibility now (since we added something for v11 with backwards compatibility mode, now it would be 2 states of backwards compatibility :D ).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”