MSpectralPan

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Code: Select all

$eNrdW1tzmzoQfu+vYHiPrQsImInTyY0kM7GTidMmfaS2YjOHgAdwk-Shv-2sBDhgnBMx0zY6+MVopV19u17p09ry-ufnx8j4wdMsTOKRiQfINHg8S+ZhvBiZ6-xhzzU-H3zaH09XfJanQXQdxBnPc+jOjOMkztMkikD7NA6+R3w+MkH-eJ2mPM6vUw4jL05G5tXk8mJyapzeH58fTs5Of00fkyRfGnfhnMc8NY3Lm+kqCvOcp9PwJ8cjk9l0W0pGJgXb4+D50r86ipLZP0IKQgLCdZSH10EaPHIYnR0DpGCVlWhWlfwkfbnjOfhYk-n+bWEG16VnQRg3dW94lkTrXMYIDRCxa31VZKqw1KbH5sE+BCyBkYFxkgZP0D9O5lwYh54kjHNjJix6CCzOniU4PwoW2RE8WtAoQnWPxSAYIkYMKMKIeJ5nM2YOKzOvWmiXFhlgRu1Ky3iRblDH7mCAOAzVDeyBhU4GqOtuIcCYdDFg1xwvEeAu+gxvhwC7nTxwSCsEpJMHLt0OAWGdDHh2KwRUWZ0OUCsJaJckoAPcToJuBkgrCawuSUAHVjsJrC76disJLLeTB6ydBHYnD5xWEtiskwG3nQSsg7rXSgLW5TO0YNm3IsA6GcCtJHDeSAK82wBtJ0EBYFhtt8BZh3EQvfzkqVE9HC+DOOZRsQNf8ofcCOK5kYaLZW4aGwbD1fPdksfn4RxISpJBgSPmWSY3T4AyTdbpjEuNuzCeJ0+3LytonsMsYntP+UMYAUHApv-W5t9wVGVzxzsCIN2uTSamTmaAM0kRcHSUpLBzII8h5PtmIQA29ZiNCkndcz+MIvlwBWeCFAi61BefwzJ5kq2vQbTmmZANa1PhTlOh-5qqbpb8GbP0z5i1fqvZaRInC0jmugaI5ZCsMIxAVr7KqXAlcdHr5EhOvYFDhcT3awCtkSnaUiLyqVoysIzgvJUN4b122hPNSZLzLdHWOexgS+AaJ-whAJFMILnqYRGdfbkofaboyD8iAhLITudhnqTFepkk6WMQwTmv0ZqA1ZEJh8h8Ccm54mVEG8Zlo1C75rBW4zyTR7ISkeGvo+gmiBfQb8nD5UZbbOnGZmAx1+Yot2cU65IY30yj1IctwcIetS3geEcc-KbLYMVVFv6byxzLvU0OGEprcn8rIam5YSl4QcELTeDajgJeSx+81vtobX3QMpWcZvrgpQpwHY3Cq5K8rkbhfR+tpw9aRyV5MdIHsBJerFGAVdIXE40CrABXI25zlRJCI3LDKng1ojdXKYE14jesAFcjfvOUElgjgkMqeDWiOE8lgYk+FKcA9i-x23Cr0twuPb1W6UlapSdFHUvP83Cx3LsOsmxn+Uk6l5-vV5v3tWoTs+pFaW1ayPkPTI73S837GlasM1SrCVXrsNoNrERnqKwJVeuwOg2sVGeobhOq1mH1GlgtnaFCPdnAqnVcoZi81xofaQTT1juYTapiWmNtchXTO7BNsnK0xtpkK0fvwDbpytUaa5OvXL0D2yQsT2espElYnv0B1Ze3XX0Bi76WWqLQOmIdS63Nb+87S63fXmlhI9v82P86jzY-kqmUinUHvmTcD9MsL83h-5EjtC+OWH1xxO6LI6wvjjh9ccTtiyNeXxwB5u6LJ7g3nvSG3HFv2B33ht5xb-gd94bgcW8YHveG4nFvOJ70huNJbziefDzHD7e-w2mJMnHlu7zpfRGPxYX1cM7F+9U6F2-ybvZY3GMX-5Mw6v9RKK+yD6shoLFa50+idVvdoRcX1qsL6RcxdNd6mFVcXv8aZuH3iJfm5Kin4Ad-SNLHW+MwWi0DGfH6Bfmaegl5tgzCuGYcIWa1jW9GqkxQmhhWnjWcKm7iN62XAVAwXeqL6I2rj2G46-+ZB5-+BcbM0kw=
Here is a nice preset I made. It sounds very smooth and gets wider as the frequencies increase.
For those of you on the free bundle, if you upgrade you get access to some multiparameters for "Smoothness" "Width" and "High-Pass"
It has also been uploaded to the online preset exchange. I thought I better post it here so you don't feel forced to upload rubbish for the exchange. On that note, Vojtech would you mind taking a look there please. Some rather useless presets have already been uploaded!

Enjoy!
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote:On that note, Vojtech would you mind taking a look there please. Some rather useless presets have already been uploaded!
That's the downside of the way the preset exchange works - it demands you upload a patch too but not everyone is capable of this so you end up with lots of random ones. I think the system needs a rethink.

Agree. Perhaps a way of specifying "donations" vs. "trades".
I own many Melda plugins, but do not feel capable or inclined to create presets. Therefore, I get nothing from the preset exchange. This is fair enough, but I see some people, like jmg8, Chandler, and others, who are willing to share and end up doing so in this forum. This is ok, but not the most efficient.

I just think it's backfired tying it to contributing patches - people should contribute patches if they feel they are good enough, not just to get access to the presets which should be available to every user regardless of their ability to contribute.

Oh no, not another discussion about this, ha ha :D

Vojtech has discussed this many times. People weren't contributing to the system when you didn't have to contribute, it was a ghost town, so he made it a 'give and take' system. Unfortunately it looks like people are uploading crap in order to 'take'... so the system falls down.

Personally, I tend to avoid presets so I would rather Melda focus on making new stuff rather than spending yet more time changing this. But I admit the current system isn't working. In my opinion it's better to have a small collection of quality offerings than a junkyard full of garbage. But again, I would rather dev time focused on the cool stuff on the horizon.

vectorwarrior wrote:Oh no, not another discussion about this, ha ha :D

Vojtech has discussed this many times. People weren't contributing to the system when you didn't have to contribute, it was a ghost town, so he made it a 'give and take' system. Unfortunately it looks like people are uploading crap in order to 'take'... so the system falls down.

Personally, I tend to avoid presets so I would rather Melda focus on making new stuff rather than spending yet more time changing this. But I admit the current system isn't working. In my opinion it's better to have a small collection of quality offerings than a junkyard full of garbage. But again, I would rather dev time focused on the cool stuff on the horizon.
Actually, I agree fully. :wink:

Thanks, I was just wondering about the most efficient way to do this sort of thing and considered suplementing SpectralPan with a crossover module in MXXX but here's it's all prepped up and good to go. 8) :D

Preset exchange: Yes, it's a bit problematic. For some plugins it works, for others it doesn't... Anyways the problem is the system allows us to ban people, who upload crap, but there's no easy way to manage it. So I'd like to improve it with some voting system, where people could mark crappy presets and then the creators can get banned and the presets removed. But I'm not sure how to improve things other than that. I'm actually hiring a local guy here to regularly create content for various plugins, but he didn't start working yet... We'll see how that goes.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

That's a step backwards, people buying your plugins should have access to shared presets regardless of their individual ability to make what others perceive as 'good' presets, it's unfair to ban people on the basis of other people's taste. Just make it open for sharing to anyone and find another way to incentivise contributions. People will stop contributing anything if they think they run the risk of being banned, I certainly will.

I like the upvote system... That is how the Reaktor user library works. Anything can be submitted... new releases are highlighted but over time the best of the best wind up at the top of the list based on user input. That is a nice merit-based democracy.

aMUSEd wrote:People will stop contributing anything if they think they run the risk of being banned, I certainly will.
+1 rating system :tu:

In my opinion the elitist attitude that only "good" presets are allowed is the reason why nobody uploads any. The texts in the upload description really discourage uploading if your preset is not "good" enough.

But what is good? A producer of ambient music has different ideas of "good" than a hip-hop artist or a sound designer. Who decides what is "good" and using which measure. I assume Vojtech defines good as "technically good" from a perspective of craftsmanship. I see "good" as "inspiring audio idea".

I would like to encourage a rating system that also includes filtering at the user level. People that only want to see "good" presets should be able to see only presets with a minimal positive vote level.

How about just ditch the Preset Exchange and have a forum thread for each plugin? The exchange is obviously a headache for Vojtech and I'm sure he'd rather spend his time on other things. But for someone new to Melda plugins, I think presets are crucial for showing some of the capabilities of these plugs and it gives us newer guys a good place to start while we're mixing.

The disconnect with the Preset Exchange is that newer users actually USE Presets, but newer users are the last ones who should be creating Presets for the often very complex plugins.

mibby wrote:I think presets are crucial for showing some of the capabilities of these plugs and it gives us newer guys a good place to start while we're mixing.

The disconnect with the Preset Exchange is that newer users actually USE Presets, but newer users are the last ones who should be creating Presets for the often very complex plugins.
:tu:

PS. How does one load the XML preset again? Copy/Paste to where exactly?

mibby wrote:...

I actually have decided to not purchase plugins for this reason. My skill level absolutely requires me to use presets, at least when I start using a complicated plug-in. As pointed out above, the only ones I could create would get me banned, so I decide the plugins that might be a little complicated and challenging for me to use are not for me.

Thank you to jmg8, Chandlerhimself and others for posting the presets and cool vids!

Return to “MeldaProduction”