Melda plugin as sampler?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks,

Is there any sensible way to use a Melda plugin as a sampler?

I managed to load a sample into an LFO, but it sounds kinda weird, and the midi triggering is also strange.

Is there any other way?

I'm aware of MDrummer, but can you load in your own samples? But anyway, there's no modulation sub-system in MDrummer, and that's what i really want to make use of for samples.

Of course i could use another sampler then use MXXX for processing, but maybe there's a way for Melda to also trigger samples "in house"?

Thanks! ........D

ocs1> select normal mode insted of harmonic > advance option > load sample(in the top left section of the advance tab) > select the sample
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Thanks!

But i should have been more clear: What you describe is for achieving wavetable synthesis.

What i mean is actually loading a full sample, like a kick drum or piece of vocal, and then play it back so that it sounds exactly like the sample.

how is this wavetable
when i loaded the wavetable file of serums > analogue > basic shapes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

another screenshot of a kick sample in mps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OK! But does it sound exactly the same as the sample you loaded in?

Because that's not what i experience when i try it, but perhaps i'm doing something wrong?!

Mr D wrote:OK! But does it sound exactly the same as the sample you loaded in?

Because that's not what i experience when i try it, but perhaps i'm doing something wrong?!
try to lower the octave setting(-4) and you will have to adjust the adsr according to the sample

OK, but just to be clear, are you saying that the sample you loaded sounds EXACTLY the same?

Because that's not what i'm experiencing. I tried tuning down, but it still sounds like a low-fi, grainy version of the original sample!

Mr D wrote:OK, but just to be clear, are you saying that the sample you loaded sounds EXACTLY the same?

Because that's not what i'm experiencing. I tried tuning down, but it still sounds like a low-fi, grainy version of the original sample!
yes the kick sounded same for me try to
lower it down even more

Hmmm, weird, it really doesn't sound the same for me, not even close, regardless of tuning.

Thanks anyway!

Could someone else check this?

Mr D wrote:I'm aware of MDrummer, but can you load in your own samples? But anyway, there's no modulation sub-system in MDrummer, and that's what i really want to make use of for samples.
You mean you don't know that MDrummer (Large) can load samples? :) :hihi:

Of course it can, man!

Well, it comes with several Gigabytes of wav. files, but sure, you can load samples. (wav. files seem to do well.) And layer them upon each other...or mix those samples with sounds from the built in 4NN synthesizer...and assign that composite sound to a drum pad......and start pouring multiple effects on that drum pad. This is all done in the Drumset Editor. :clap:

Vojtech says it is awesome...I think that I agree :hihi: :lol: :hihi: :)

It is quite flexible. But it is different than a more general purpose sampler like HALion, where it would be easier to play melodies. It is designed more for percussion.

I've asked for a sampler module before as, like you, I've wanted a more general purpose sampler for use in things like MXXX. I was told that it was part of the plan for MYYY, but that was years ago and it looks like it's a long way off still. Frankly, i'd be happy with just a simple sample player with a transpose/pitch control, as you can do everything else in MXXX. But it seemed like Vojtech had much bigger plans, which is why it's delayed.

Hey vectorwarrior, have you tried MuLab? It has pretty simple and elegant sampling seamlessly built in, and you can use VST's in the modular area combined with that.

Oh I'm actually good for samplers, I have Kontakt, etc... I'd just love to see this built into Melda's line as I love their modulation tools and have some ideas I want to build in MXXX.

OK, I've been playing with it some more.

The weird thing is, you can indeed get your sample to sound pretty close to the original, as described by Apratim above. You can get it to sound about 95% the same, especially if you also EQ it a little.

Strange, why does it let you get so close but not quite the same?!

These tests were with fairly short kicks and snares, don't know what will happen if you load up a longer sample like some vocals or whatever.

Anyway.......this is close enough, so MPowerSynth (didn't test MXXX) does indeed have a usable sample player.

Great!

Return to “MeldaProduction”