Setting up MS in MXXX?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

Could anyone do me a favour and show my a screenshot of how to set up MS processing in MXXX?

I've looked in the manual but found no info.

I tried putting in various combinations of the LR and MS blocks but can't find the combination that will:

a) split LR into MS
b) let me process M and / or S with seperate blocks
c) recombine into LR

Thanks!

put a LR to MS block on the top

it will have two outputs

left one is the mid signal right one is the side signal

now setup a MS to LR at the bottom and rightclick it and set the side-chain signal to channel 2
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote:put a LR to MS block on the top

it will have two outputs

now setup a MS to LR at the bottom and rightclick it and set the side-chain signal to channel 2
Ah, I'm never sure which is mid and which is side.
Shouldn't the bottom module also be set to "steal sidechain"?

Gone soft wrote:
Apratim wrote:put a LR to MS block on the top

it will have two outputs

Ah, I'm never sure which is mid and which is side.
Shouldn't the bottom module also be set to "steal sidechain"?
Yes
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Thanks for the help so far!

I'm still not quite getting it though.

Why would you need to set the MS to LR block to input 2 sidechain, and steal the input? What has this to do with sidechain?

Normally MS>LR & LR>MS matrices can be put in serial and they just work, right? And if you put some other plugin in the middle, the "left channel will affect M and the "right" channel will affect S.

And one other question: below are two screenshots. Both are routings give an effect to only S.

But why does the filter version give me two lines entering the filter, and what is the meaning of white or blue lines?
distortion.jpg
filter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OK, so i worked this out.

It's actually really simple to encode then process M or S (or both) separately, then decode.

Just do the routing in the picture below and make sure you tick "invert right channel" in the Utility block in lane two.

Bob's your uncle!

(PS, i'd still like to know what the white or blue lines mean in my example with the filter above)
poor man's MS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

White is input and blue is sidechain.
Try not to think of the word sidechain in it's normal capacity but rather as "secondary input"
So in your examples the distortion does not have a sidechain but the filter does.

In the next version there will also be a channel mode and upsampling for each module ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

With AGC too? I hope.

I didn't plan that one, I suppose it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm not really sure I actually want that, people are overusing this a bit. Will think about it.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”