Are products from Orange Tree Samples resellable?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I couldn't find any information about this on your web site. I'm not yet a customer but I really like the sound demos and will probably buy one of the CoreBass libraries. However, I would like to know if you allow reselling of your libraries? I'm asking because after buying new products I sometimes find myself not using previously purchased stuff anymore. This, however, will probably not apply to your products. 8)

Kind regards,
marmaz

According to the License Agreement.pdf, you need the OK from Orange Tree. The License to use the sounds is granted to the original purchaser . . . etc . . .
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hi Marmaz,

Reselling (transferring the license) my libraries is definitely allowed! As Aloysius says, just send me an email and I will handle the transfer for you. (by the way, there are no transfer fees, as I consider it part of customer service)

I'm going to make this thread a sticky, since it's an important topic for other existing and potential customers.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

What kind of copy protection Orange Tree libraries use and what actions are needed from buyer in order to register purchased second hand OT library?

As of now, there's a simple automated watermark which connects the sample library to the owner. Other than that, there is no challenge/response or other copy protection. Personally, I don't believe in intrusive, troublesome copy protection that just makes legitimate users' lives harder.

After finding a buyer and receiving payment, all you have to do is send an email to Orange Tree Samples, including the new owner's full name, email address, and product you're selling. There is no transfer fee--we'll send the new owner download links, and update our records as to the new owner.

So even if you buy an Orange Tree Samples product second-hand, you'll still receive the benefits (possible crossgrade/upgrade discounts, etc.) as if you bought it directly from the Orange Tree Samples website.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I appreciate that point of view. This post helped me to make final decision when choosing guitar library to buy.

I have to say, while I was willing to put up with stuff to use OrangeTreeSamples' libraries, having one fewer dongle to unhook to move to the lappy is a welcome thing. Nice one.

I've got two more libraries on my shopping list atm, and a forever "watch what you do" flag set.

This is a heads-up that we're implementing a new license transfer on the website very soon. It's an automated process, meaning you no longer need to contact us to handle the transfer. It also gives recipients reassurance that they're receiving an official and verified copy of the library.

Here's how the new process works:

1. The recipient sends you their transfer code, which they obtain from their account on the website. That way they can receive license transfers without giving out their personal information (e.g. their email address).

2. Using the license transfer system, you select which of the products you own to transfer, and enter their transfer code.

3. The product is transferred over to their account, where they can download it.

Overall, it's a very simple and convenient process, and there are no license transfer fees.

That being said, there are a few limitations to which products can be transferred. You can't transfer Kontakt Player libraries--once the serial number is assigned to your Native Instruments account, another user is unable to use that serial number.

Furthermore, there are a time-based limitations to protect any abuse of the transfer system. This simply limits how soon you can transfer a library after purchasing it or after receiving it as a transfer as well as how often you can make transfers.

We're doing some final testing on the license transfer system, and it will be available from your account dashboard soon.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”