Evolution Guitar MIDI demos

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tiptronic wrote: Maybe I'll try with MainStage - or how do you guys check out new stuff without loading your full Logic or Digital Performer?
We hardly do anything without our DAWs. Kontakt can't incorporate external effects but it does have some cabinet emulations, not as good as Amplitude or GR, of course. If you need a free DAW you can check the free MULAB or Usine (this one is oriented towards live performance).

tiptronic wrote:Btw: Terry, I put tman2k into esoundz referral field, so you are prepared to start a business over there :)
Thanks Andy! I received an email notification from esoundz, and had no idea who it was! Much appreciated!
tiptronic wrote: Greg: I didn't know you need a separate guitar engine to play (that's why I said in the beginning of this thread, a screencast from step 0 would be great). It's no problem, since I own GuitarRig, Amplitube, etc..., but I am still unclear how to add these to the Kontakt 4 player. I couldn't find any option to do so. Maybe I'll try with MainStage - or how do you guys check out new stuff without loading your full Logic or Digital Performer?
Hmmm...MainStage...Logic...I am assuming you are on a Mac...

Unfortunately, I am on a PC, so I probably can't help you much here...however, I can hopefully give you the gist of what you need to do!

You need some kind of an effects chainer...something that will allow you to chain multiple effects together (in your case, I would think AU's, but I think Mac's can use VST's as well).

For example, in your chain, you would load Kontakt first (and load Evolution into it), and then you would load your amp sim as a second effect (and then you could add more if wanted, such as cabinet sims, reverbs, etc.)

Myself, I use a program called Cantabile Performer, by TopTen software. I believe they only have PC versions though...

Hope this helps you out!
Terry @ Meathook Audio

[quote="tiptronic"]Hmmm...MainStage...Logic...I am assuming you are on a Mac.../quote]

Yes - what else? :hihi:

Thanks for your clarifications. Meanwhile I understood that. When I bought the library I was under the impression, that it is a Kontakt library instead of a plugin, because Kontakt works like a host-software (allowing me to add fx, etc...). So now I know, this was wrong. But nevermind - you got me onto the right track. :)

Hey Greg..Ken from ABG here...(Hi tman2k where you been?)

Anyways Greg, I was thinking about making a special amp sim designed for this type of use. TBH I am not even sure that it needs to be done as I have never used a guitar sample in the way that everyone here is using them. So, perhaps the stuff that we have already released, and will be releasing is fine for the job. Either way, is there anything that you and your customers would like to see us do in an amp sim that will help you all out?

I mean you probably don't want the over head of a large suite with stomps and rack effects, etc. So Shred is probably out, but I do have some other ideas, so, please feel free to PM me and let me know your thoughts..
Thanks man and if you can, could you send me a couple samples for my own testing..I'd really like for us to support this usage in our computer amps..

KM

Hi Ken,

Great to hear from you! I always highly recommend your plugins when people email me about high-quality free guitar amp plugins.

In my experience, rather than having one big guitar amp/effect plugin, I think I would personally prefer having separate plugins per stompbox effect. That way it leaves the option open for users to incorporate other effects within the plugin chain. Of course, the downside is that not many DAWs have a way to save the plugin chain without using a 3rd party plugin that adds that functionality.

I'd love to hear your thoughts--I'll send you a PM in a second.

Kind regards,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thanks Greg, just got your PM, in it I mentioned an idea...After reading your post above I think that idea could be amended to incorporate your ideas as well..

Without giving away too much, this is an area that I am very interested in following. Unfortunately over the next little bit I am stuck on another development, but I think once thats done..we should talk further...

And thanks for the recommendations man...:)
KM

did these midi demos ever surface ?

The "Reja Vu" demo MIDI file should be included with EEG Strawberry in the "Demo Songs" subfolder. The problem with the older demos is that a lot of them aren't compatible with the newest Evolution engine, so they don't really play correctly do to the mapping changes, and changes to the way slides work, for example.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi Greg, the midi files are for me at least pure educational on guitar programming.
Gregjazz wrote:The "Reja Vu" demo MIDI file should be included with EEG Strawberry in the "Demo Songs" subfolder. The problem with the older demos is that a lot of them aren't compatible with the newest Evolution engine, so they don't really play correctly do to the mapping changes, and changes to the way slides work, for example.

Gotcha--I'm looking for the MIDI files right now. Hopefully the project files still load, since I've changed systems since then, and probably don't have the same libraries installed at the moment, etc. But hopefully just having the MIDI data itself to check out will be helpful.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

im sure people would love an insight.. :-)
Gregjazz wrote:Gotcha--I'm looking for the MIDI files right now. Hopefully the project files still load, since I've changed systems since then, and probably don't have the same libraries installed at the moment, etc. But hopefully just having the MIDI data itself to check out will be helpful.

Well, my DAW really didn't like loading the old project files, but I found three of the old demos and exported MIDI files from them: Orangeholic, Scarlet Queen, and Funkulous.

https://www.box.com/s/2yngpam0117m44gc0oyu
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thats great

Cheers Greg :-)
Gregjazz wrote:Well, my DAW really didn't like loading the old project files, but I found three of the old demos and exported MIDI files from them: Orangeholic, Scarlet Queen, and Funkulous.

https://www.box.com/s/2yngpam0117m44gc0oyu

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”