MesaWinds - Native American Flutes (now available!)

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

flugel45 wrote:Great-sounding flute(s), Greg. Another winner!

would it be possible to get a short demo with no FX applied?
I was thinking the same thing. I just hadn't gotten around to posting yet. :)

flugel45 wrote:Great-sounding flute(s), Greg. Another winner!

The only thing I'm not sure about is the raw tone of the flutes, as the demos all have that otherworldly, ethereal sound to them. From what I'm hearing, it would make using them in, say, a jazz trio quite difficult (unless I call it, "Live - From the Grand Canyon").

So, I guess the question is, are the demos indicative of the "pure" tone of the flutes? If not, would it be possible to get a short demo with no FX applied?
Sure, I'll see what I can do. By the way, there are no external effects on the flutes in the demos. Reverb is such an integral part of the Native American flute's tone that we included a section of the interface with instant environments.

You might want to check out the preview demo (pre-release, so it was still using the beta), which shows a bunch of the environments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfVPCi-6M3A
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Yeah, you can bypass the convolution reverb and use your own, if you want.

Good that you can bypass the included convolution verb. I don't mind having it available but I also want to be able to run it through my own verbs.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

I just posted a new MesaWinds demo on the product page:

Kokopelli Tears
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Very evocative soundtrack material! I hope to buy Mesa Winds this Friday. :D -Perry-

Are there breath samples included in this set? If so, how are they accessed? Please excuse if this has been covered somewhere else.

labwaves wrote:Are there breath samples included in this set? If so, how are they accessed? Please excuse if this has been covered somewhere else.
Yes, there are breath samples. They are fairly subtle as not to interrupt the flute part, but if you play a medium/long lengthed phrase and then release, you'll hear the flautist take a breath.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Just updated MesaWinds, adding the ability to switch the mapping to chromatic. All MesaWinds owners received an email with the download link. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:
labwaves wrote:Are there breath samples included in this set? If so, how are they accessed? Please excuse if this has been covered somewhere else.
Yes, there are breath samples. They are fairly subtle as not to interrupt the flute part, but if you play a medium/long lengthed phrase and then release, you'll hear the flautist take a breath.
Thank you Greg. APpreciate it.

Can the volume of the breaths be easily raised or lowered? Are there multiple breath samples like in a RR pool?

From the MesaWinds documentation:
The volume envelope is smoothly calculated through changes in the velocity of the MIDI notes played. This automatic interpretation makes the flutes very expressive and realistic, without requiring the use of a breath controller.
What if you do have a breath or wind controller, though? To what degree do these instruments take advantage of a wind controller's expressiveness?
You're bad... with my help, you could be the worst.

unpeople wrote:From the MesaWinds documentation:
The volume envelope is smoothly calculated through changes in the velocity of the MIDI notes played. This automatic interpretation makes the flutes very expressive and realistic, without requiring the use of a breath controller.
What if you do have a breath or wind controller, though? To what degree do these instruments take advantage of a wind controller's expressiveness?

Can't talk about others windcontrollers, but velocity is fixed in the EWI USB (note ON/OFF only) this library is for keyboardists!

labwaves wrote: Can the volume of the breaths be easily raised or lowered? Are there multiple breath samples like in a RR pool?
Yes, there are multiple breath samples--8x RR I believe. It should be pretty simple to change their volume, by going into the mapping editor (backend Kontakt), selecting the breath samples, and increasing their volume.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Jaleo wrote: Can't talk about others windcontrollers, but velocity is fixed in the EWI USB (note ON/OFF only) this library is for keyboardists!
Ah, interesting. I wonder how many people here use wind controllers and would be interested in having it implemented into MesaWinds.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:
labwaves wrote: Can the volume of the breaths be easily raised or lowered? Are there multiple breath samples like in a RR pool?
Yes, there are multiple breath samples--8x RR I believe. It should be pretty simple to change their volume, by going into the mapping editor (backend Kontakt), selecting the breath samples, and increasing their volume.
Excellent Greg. Perhaps you could build in a knob for gain control on front kontakt panel??? Linkable to CC#'s. That is what we prefer to see in the wind libs we use.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”